Daily News

View All News

Spain – More jobseekers willing to relocate with UK and Germany topping the list

29 May 2012

As unemployment is rising in Spain as much as 69% of Spanish workers are willing to relocate to find jobs and improve their work situation, according to a recent survey by Randstad Spain.

This means that the proportion of those willing to relocate within Spain to find work elsewhere has increased rapidly by +7% in the last two years, rising from 62% in 2010 to 69% in 2012.

The majority of respondents prepared to relocate (52%) would prefer moving to big Spanish cities with greater employment opportunities such as Madrid and Barcelona. But Europe has also become a popular destination for jobseekers as the survey indicates that a fifth (20%) would opt for a destination within the European Union, with the UK and Germany topping the list.

Only 3% would choose to work in countries outside the EU but still in English-speaking countries; and 4% would consider moving to Latin America or a country with an emerging market.

The survey also found a surprising result as a fifth of respondents said that the destination does not pose a problem to them at all as long as they had been offered a job there.

But unsurprisingly, the weak economy is the main reason for people being keen to relocate as 83% of respondents confirmed. The remaining 17% said that moving for a job is mainly driven by the prospect of improving their career prospects.

Comments

Add New Comment

Post comment

NOTE: Links will not be clickable.
Security text:*