Daily News

View All News

Benelux — Employers must deal with post-redundancies lack of morale

10 June 2010

New research carried out by workforce management consultancy Kronos in Belgium and the Netherlands reveals that 56% of the employees of companies, which had to make redundancies last year due to the economic crisis, believe that the cuts have had a negative impact on the productivity of their organisation.

49% of Belgian and 66% of Dutch respondents believe that the redundancies have had a negative effect on employee morale and that the remaining employees are less motivated as a direct result of the redundancies.


40% of Belgian and 25% of Dutch respondents believe either that the wrong people were sacked or that the cuts were made in the wrong departments, resulting in inefficiency of the operation.

64% of Dutch and just over 50% of Belgian respondents believe that their companies will now no longer have the resources necessary to deal with an upturn in their markets.

64% of Dutch and 59% of Belgian respondents believe that their employers need to find means of improving morale among the remaining staff. 41% of Belgian and 27% of Dutch respondents are convinced that their employers need to rethink the way in which tasks are now distributed among the remaining staff.

Kristof Huet, Sales Director at Kronos Benelux, commented "in the current economic recession employers need to maximise [the efficiency of] their remaining organisation. By assigning the right tasks to the right members of staff, companies improve customer services, the efficiency of the organisation and the satisfaction among staff."

 

Comments

Add New Comment

Post comment

NOTE: Links will not be clickable.
Security text:*