Daily News

Daily News-Staffing Industry Analysts RSS Feed Get the RSS Feed

UK — Network Group Holdings buys Network Recruitment Solutions

17 November 2009

Network Group Holdings (NGH:LSE) has acquired 51% of Lewisham-based Network Recruitment Solutions (NRS) from Pertemps Investments in return for 5 million shares. The remaining 49% is owned by the managing directors of NRS, who will be able to convert their holding into NGH shares. NRS, which...


UK — Tough pay restrain ahead

16 November 2009

Employers are keeping a tight rein on pay, but recruitment freezes are starting to thaw and some of the dramatic changes made to working patterns during the recession are now being eased. Research by the CBI and recruitment experts Harvey Nash revealed that half of all employers are planning to...


France — Temporary workers without official papers continue to cause chaos

16 November 2009

Temporary workers without official papers (Sans-papiers) are still occupying temporary employment agencies in order to protest against their treatment by the French authorities, Le Nouvel Observateur reports. The offices of temporary staffing agencies Synergie, CRIT Interim and Vediorbis in Noge...


Portugal — Hundreds of nurses desert the country

16 November 2009

Temporary employment agencies are luring health industry workers away from Portugal with the promise of tax free salaries, free accommodation and generous time off arrangements, the Portugal News reports. Foreign recruiters who once looked to Scandinavia, the UK and Ireland are now turning to Po...


Germany — In-house temporary employment agencies to cut wages

16 November 2009

More and more large German companies have founded their own in-house temporary employment agencies in order to hire out staff to themselves and thereby avoid industry-agreed minimum wages, Wirtschaftswoche reports. Minimum wages in Germany are agreed in each industry sector via bilateral agreeme...


France — Employment stabilises in the third quarter of 2009

16 November 2009

According to figures published by the National Institute for Statistics (INSEE) net job losses in the business sector in the third quarter of this year amounted to only 5,500 jobs. This figure contrasts sharply with the very high job losses registered since the second quarter of 2008, Le Figaro r...


UK — Gender pay gap reduced as women's pay rises

13 November 2009

According to the latest figures from the Office of National Statistics, full-time women's weekly pay rose by 3.4% to 426 Pounds compared to a 1.8% rise for men to 531 Pounds over the last 12 months. The gender pay gap for full-time workers was highest in the South East and lowest in Northern Ir...


France — Synergie revenues down by less than the market

13 November 2009

Synergie SA (SDG:PAR), the temporary and permanent staffing agency group based in Paris, announces interim results for the third quarter ending 30 September 2009. Revenues for the first nine months of 2009 were down by -25.8% to 689.3 million Euro compared to 928.8 million Euro for the same peri...


UK — Upfront modelling agency fees to be banned

13 November 2009

New rules are to be introduced to crack down on the ugly face of the modelling and entertainment industry. From October 2010, staffing agencies in the entertainment and modelling sectors will no longer be allowed to charge people upfront fees for their services, the government says in a statement...


UK — Government to take 250,000 jobs off shortage occupation list

13 November 2009

The Shortage Occupation List, which defines those jobs which are in high demand and short supply and are therefore open to foreign nationals from outside the European Union, will be reduced by 250,000 jobs in skilled engineering, care and catering, The Guardian reports. In his speech on immigrat...