Daily News

Daily News-Staffing Industry Analysts RSS Feed Get the RSS Feed

UK – Pertemps Chairman cleared of sexual harassment claims

14 March 2011

Tim Watts, the Chairman of staffing firm Pertemps Group, has been cleared of allegations of sexual harassment made by Debbie Smiths, the Managing Director of a Pertemps subsidiary, the Coventry Telegraph reports.49 year old Smith had claimed at the Tribunal, held in Birmingham, that she was force...


UK – CIPD calls for more measured debate on youth unemployment

14 March 2011

"The UK clearly has a serious youth unemployment problem but severe difficulty is being felt by only a relative minority of young people and the current situation is not worse than ever before. The widespread perception that 1 in 5 16-24 year olds are unemployed is based on a narrow and som...


UK – Oil and gas recruitment sees continual rise

14 March 2011

Salaries in the global oil and gas industry are to increase throughout 2011 according to a joint report from OilCareers.com, the international job board for the oil and gas industry, in association with partner Air Energi, a global provider of manpower solutions to the energy sector.Focusing on e...


UK – Work Group reduces losses

11 March 2011

Revenues were up from 22.1 million Pounds in 2009 to 22.8 million Pounds in 2010 at Work Group Plc (WORK:LSE), the employer marketing communications and talent management services provider.Preliminary results for the twelve months ended 31 December 2010 show that gross profit (net fee income) was...


Austria – Agency employment up +18.1%

11 March 2011

Revenues generated by temporary employment agencies were up by +18.1% in 2010 when compared to 2009, according to the latest data published by the Austrian Statistics Office (Statistik Austria).Revenues generated by all Austrian services companies increased by +3.3% compared to the previous year....


UK – Financial services job vacancies surge +65%

11 March 2011

The number of job vacancies in the financial services sector has jumped +65% over the past year, according to data by the Association of Professional Staffing Companies (APSCo) compiled by Staffing Industry Analysts.Banks are ramping up their hiring to meet increased business volumes and because...


World – Growth at near five-year high

11 March 2011

Fast and accelerating global economic growth was recorded by the PMIs in February. While the expansion is looking better-balanced between manufacturing and services, marked national divergences are still evident.Policies to boost growth in the US appear to be raising domestic demand while also su...


UK – Masters steps down as REC Chair

11 March 2011

Angela Masters, the Chair of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) for the last three years, stepped down last week. The REC said in a statement "as a result of an unfortunate misunderstanding, there was a discrepancy over Angela's official starting date as permanent Chair. Su...


Germany – Adecco acquires majority in Trainico

10 March 2011

Staffing agency Adecco Germany has announced the acquisition of 70% of the shares of Trainico GmbH, the technical training and staffing agency owned by Lufthansa.Lufthansa's subsidiary, Lufthansa Technical Training GmbH will hold on to the remaining 30% of Trainico for another three years.The acq...


France – Agency employment up by +18%

10 March 2011

The latest statistics published by the government's job centres (Pôle Emploi) show that agency temporary employment was up by +18% or by +99,300 individuals in January 2011 compared to January 2010Compared to the seasonal peak in December, agency temporary employment fell by -1.4% or by -9,500 in...