It’s a new year, and I hope that it is the best year for all of us. Have you thought about your career recently? I have. I try to take classes at least annually to improve my skills and improve my marketability. What are you doing? Have you thought about certification? We have come through a rough spot in the economy. Many people have recently gone back to school to update their skills to become more marketable. In the staffing world, it is especially hard to elevate and differentiate yourself amongst your peers. Becoming certified might be the answer.
Consider these reasons to get certified:
- An unbiased barometer of your skills. This is not you saying or your resume saying you have these skills and knowledge. It’s not even your friends or ex-colleagues who are saying it – it’s the leading advisory firm on contingent work.
- Documentation of your mastery. Your resume is great, we know you are a professional, but the last time you took a test might have been in college. Now is the time to take a look at yourself and make an investment for you.
- Improve your value to your company. Corporations are doing more with less. You need to stand out and certification is a great way for you to rise above the rest.
- Set yourself apart from others in the industry. What makes you different? There are a lot of program managers out there, there are a lot of people who know how to implement VMS/MSP systems and programs, certification is a way you can be different. Certification is not for everyone, but maybe it is for you.
- Validate your expertise. Facebook and LinkedIn are great ways for you to position yourself as the best in your industry. Become certified and join an elite brand of staffing professionals. Now Staffing Industry Analysts can help you!
Staffing Industry Analysts Certified Contingent Workforce Professional
This blog is obviously written about Staffing Industry Analysts’ program, but fact of the matter is, there are a number of great certifications out there. But Staffing Industry Analysts’ CCWP program is the only one for Program Managers, VMS/MSP Implementation managers and recruiters who are staffing for program professionals. The CCWP program is for buyers of contingent staffing as well as for program managers. The purpose of creating the program is to ensure that everyone is measuring the same metrics, that there are educated buyers, that everyone is using a common language and everyone has a clear view of the risks of managing contingent labor.
We encourage you to look at getting certified. We encourage you to improve your skills and position yourself to be better than the rest. Take a look at the CCWP curriculum at www.staffingindustry.com/certification and start your journey of self improvement now!