After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
2014 Europe Contingent Buyers SurveyPreferences, Satisfaction and Agency Selection& Cumulative Index to 2013 Survey
31 December 2014
- Accumulation and synthesis of all SIA contingent buyer surveys, 2013-2014
- Contingent usage rates, plans, management strategies, metrics, best practices
- 87 page Special Report
2014 Europe Contingent Buyers Survey: After a temp ends an assignment, how long must you wait before hiring them directly (without fees)?
18 December 2014
- Buyers asked typical wait-to-hire times, post temp assignment
- Median answer: 3 months
- 34% have no wait to hire at all
18 December 2014
- Buyers asked to rate CW program on 4 measures
- Bigger programs typically more advanced
- Several management strategies correlated with sophistication
26 November 2014
- Staffing firms were asked to recommend their top two favorite vendors, and to explain their selection
- Four vendors received 20 or more recommendations, 25 additional received at least three
- Job boards and front office solutions platforms topped the list
21 November 2014
- Largest IT staffing markets
- How much is a typical IT gross margin for staffing?
- The size of the US temporary IT staffing market
31 October 2014
- 210 staffing firms reveal laws that concern them most
- 19 legal or regulatory concerns cited
- Regions covered: U.S., Europe, Australia/NZ
30 October 2014
- 21 networks and associations identified
- Report covers U.S., Europe and Australia/NZ
- Most commonly mentioned: ASA, APSCO, RSCA
25 September 2014
- Besides increased pay and benefits, what makes internal staffing firm workers happier?
- Median compensation for internal staffing firm workers.
- What incentives are most appreciated?
22 August 2014
- Fastest-growing healthcare staffing & talent engagement firms.
- 10 largest state healthcare staffing markets.
- U.S. healthcare staffing market size.
1 August 2014
- Share of staffing buyers using VMS as a function of company size
- Three-year moving average trend in VMS use
- Percent of business conducted through a VMS