After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
21 May 2015
- Most effective marketing & sales tactics for staffing firms
- Metrics: time-to-fill, order fill rates, quit rates, early termination rates
- Long-term plans for service models
- 100 page report summarizes 2 years of surveys
2014 Europe Contingent Buyers SurveyPreferences, Satisfaction and Agency Selection& Cumulative Index to 2013 Survey
31 December 2014
- Accumulation and synthesis of all SIA contingent buyer surveys, 2013-2014
- Contingent usage rates, plans, management strategies, metrics, best practices
- 87 page Special Report
2014 Europe Contingent Buyers Survey: After a temp ends an assignment, how long must you wait before hiring them directly (without fees)?
18 December 2014
- Buyers asked typical wait-to-hire times, post temp assignment
- Median answer: 3 months
- 34% have no wait to hire at all
18 December 2014
- Buyers asked to rate CW program on 4 measures
- Bigger programs typically more advanced
- Several management strategies correlated with sophistication
26 November 2014
- Staffing firms were asked to recommend their top two favorite vendors, and to explain their selection
- Four vendors received 20 or more recommendations, 25 additional received at least three
- Job boards and front office solutions platforms topped the list
31 October 2014
- 210 staffing firms reveal laws that concern them most
- 19 legal or regulatory concerns cited
- Regions covered: U.S., Europe, Australia/NZ
30 October 2014
- 21 networks and associations identified
- Report covers U.S., Europe and Australia/NZ
- Most commonly mentioned: ASA, APSCO, RSCA
19 May 2014
- MSP use among core staffing buyers.
- Staffing firms offering MSP vs. staffing firms offering RPO.
- RPO use among core staffing buyers
25 April 2014
- Who advised staffing firms on their acquisitions?
- How satisfied are staffing firms on the performance of the acquired company?
- Noteworthy acquisitions in 2013 and Q1 2014.
13 March 2014
- Why did internal staffing firm workers leave their last job?
- Top ways to make internal workers happier without raising pay
- How likely is it for a temporary worker to recommend his or her staffing firm?