After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
2014 Europe Contingent Buyers SurveyPreferences, Satisfaction and Agency Selection& Cumulative Index to 2013 Survey
31 December 2014
- Accumulation and synthesis of all SIA contingent buyer surveys, 2013-2014
- Contingent usage rates, plans, management strategies, metrics, best practices
- 87 page Special Report
2014 Europe Contingent Buyers Survey: After a temp ends an assignment, how long must you wait before hiring them directly (without fees)?
18 December 2014
- Buyers asked typical wait-to-hire times, post temp assignment
- Median answer: 3 months
- 34% have no wait to hire at all
18 December 2014
- Buyers asked to rate CW program on 4 measures
- Bigger programs typically more advanced
- Several management strategies correlated with sophistication
26 November 2014
- Staffing firms were asked to recommend their top two favorite vendors, and to explain their selection
- Four vendors received 20 or more recommendations, 25 additional received at least three
- Job boards and front office solutions platforms topped the list
31 October 2014
- 210 staffing firms reveal laws that concern them most
- 19 legal or regulatory concerns cited
- Regions covered: U.S., Europe, Australia/NZ
30 October 2014
- 21 networks and associations identified
- Report covers U.S., Europe and Australia/NZ
- Most commonly mentioned: ASA, APSCO, RSCA
19 May 2014
- MSP use among core staffing buyers.
- Staffing firms offering MSP vs. staffing firms offering RPO.
- RPO use among core staffing buyers
25 April 2014
- Who advised staffing firms on their acquisitions?
- How satisfied are staffing firms on the performance of the acquired company?
- Noteworthy acquisitions in 2013 and Q1 2014.
13 March 2014
- Why did internal staffing firm workers leave their last job?
- Top ways to make internal workers happier without raising pay
- How likely is it for a temporary worker to recommend his or her staffing firm?
27 February 2014
- Global online staffing estimated revenue 2012-2014
- Percent of larger buyers that use VMS
- The grade staffing buyers gave staffing firms