John Nurthen is responsible for the delivery of Staffing Industry Analysts' research content across the company’s three regions (North America, Europe and Rest of World) as well as all editorial content for The Staffing Review, CWS3.0 and Staffing Stream. He has 20 years' experience in the staffing industry having previously worked in a variety of senior managerial roles for three of the world's largest staffing companies: Select Appointments, Vedior and Randstad. During this time, he played an active role in a series of major equity offerings and mergers. Nurthen was a founder of the International Review of Employment which was published in four languages and also founded DOVA, which continues to be one of the largest global databases of online vacancies. Nurthen played a leading role in the development of common data standards with the creation of HR-XML SIDES in collaboration with other major staffing companies. He has held responsibility for internal and external communications (including investor relations and public affairs), e-Business, technology matters, marketing, research, procurement, and corporate social responsibility. Nurthen's experience makes him an authority on global recruitment and contingent workforce issues covering all sectors of the market.
7 November 2012
- Access our list of the 105 staffing firms with annual 2011 European revenues in excess of €100m.
- See which firm leads our list, the 20 firms who have joined and the 27 who have disappeared.
- Understand the place of US companies in Europe
17 October 2012
In the final article addressing the changing contingent workforce landscape in Asia, we discuss China's efforts to require that all temporary workers should enjoy pay equal to their permanent counterparts.
10 October 2012
In this second article addressing changing legislation in Asia, we focus on Vietnam, where a new law going into effect next year addresses a hybrid form of temporary staffing and labor outsourcing.
3 October 2012
We have previously covered the details and implications of the U.K. Pensions Act, which went into effect Monday, but a new issue has been brought to light that potentially exposes employers to an increased risk of fines and criminal sanctions.
3 October 2012
Asian staffing markets are relatively immature and quite often lightly regulated. However, the markets are developing quickly and legislation is evolving to accommodate the growth in demand from employers for more flexible forms of employment. In this first in a series of articles on the issue, we address... More
8 August 2012
- Staffing Industry Analysts’ first global ranking of publicly listed staffing firms by market capitalisation
- Adecco is the world’s largest listed staffing firm ranked by market capitalisation followed by Randstad and Robert Half.
- The US is home to most listed staffing firms, followed by the... More
7 August 2012
If you were thinking that, with the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) in place, the U.K. staffing market is over the worst, you may want to pay some attention to the implications of the U.K. Pensions Act, which comes into effect in October.
2 August 2012
- See how the economic uncertainties affect the European staffing markets.
- Which countries are set to grow despite the tough conditions.
- Includes GDP growth as well as market growth forecasts.
11 July 2012
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Best in class advice from a major MSP
- Duration: approximately 1h
9 July 2012
- Find out who tops the world ranks
- Where your firm is compared to your competition
- See newly listed firms from Japan, China and Australia