As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
7 November 2012
Contingent workforce managers often leave such issues as liability, indemnification and insurance to attorneys, but the CW managers often craft commercial terms of the contracts themselves.
31 October 2012
Often, contingent workforce managers are required to draft their own contracts, or find themselves using that of their supplier. Here, in Part 1, we share three contract clauses that should not be overlooked.
26 September 2012
- Leading VMS providers and MSPs evaluated along more than 200 features
- Evaluation categories include supplier management, sourcing, contract management, requisitions, reports, workflow, implementation, invoicing and others
- See which providers are more equipped for SOW-related requirements
26 September 2012
This year, Staffing Industry Analysts launched a case study of innovative contingent workforce programs, with the top six featured at the CWS Summit last week in San Diego. Here’s a recap.
13 September 2012
- Top VMS and MSP performers announced
- More than 20,000 buyers and more than 20,000 suppliers surveyed
- Buyers are generally modest promoters of VMS/MSP, suppliers staunch detractors
12 September 2012
As we prepare for the eighth-annual Contingent Workforce Strategies Summit next week, Bryan Peña ponders what it will take to manage future evolution in contingent workforce management.
29 August 2012
In his previous article, Bryan Peña supported allowing some form of contact with hiring managers. Now, he blasts staffing suppliers that deliberately set out to evade managed service program rules to do so.
17 August 2012
- Pros and cons of using internal recruiters vs. staffing agencies
- Examples of companies using internal recruiters
- How internal recruiting can fit in both simple and complex CW programs
15 August 2012
While it once made sense to prohibit staffing suppliers from contact with hiring managers, buyers should rethink that policy, argues former procurement professional Bryan Peña.
8 August 2012
In his last article, Bryan Peña advised contingent workforce managers to give uncooperative suppliers the boot. This week, he clarifies that cooperation goes both ways.