As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
17 August 2012
- Pros and cons of using internal recruiters vs. staffing agencies
- Examples of companies using internal recruiters
- How internal recruiting can fit in both simple and complex CW programs
15 August 2012
While it once made sense to prohibit staffing suppliers from contact with hiring managers, buyers should rethink that policy, argues former procurement professional Bryan Peña.
8 August 2012
In his last article, Bryan Peña advised contingent workforce managers to give uncooperative suppliers the boot. This week, he clarifies that cooperation goes both ways.
25 July 2012
Your suppliers should be helping you make your program succeed. What do you do if they don't support your efforts, though?
2 July 2012
- $100 billion in global VMS/MSP spend accounted for in this study
- VMS and MSP markets continue to surge, but the rising tide is not lifting all boats
- MSP's gaining traction in statement-of-work services
20 June 2012
Every contingent workforce program needs to have a strong foundation on which to grow. Whether a company has an externally managed program supported by a third-party MSP (managed service provider) or an internally, company-staffed program, there are fundamental practices a program should establish.
20 June 2012
- 15 best practices for new contingent workforce programs
- Learn how to establish a strong program brand and create meaningful policies
- Supplier contracts and identifying rogue behavior also discussed
13 June 2012
Whether procurement or HR should manage the contingent workforce is hotly debated. Our Procurement Guy has his own opinions, and they may very well surprise you.
6 June 2012
Creating a request for proposal for a new vendor management system or a new managed service partner can be daunting. Staffing Industry Analysts has assembled RFP templates for both relationships, available to members of Staffing Industry Analysts’ CWS Council.
4 June 2012
- Template for issuing an RFP for a VMS provider
- Notes added for guidance
- Cut and paste as appropriate for building your own RFP