Andrew Braswell is a Senior Research Analyst at Staffing Industry Analysts, covering the IT segment of temporary staffing, along with merger and acquisition activity in the sector and issues related to the Affordable Care Act. Prior to joining SIA in May 2013, he spent more than eight years in equity investment research, most recently as Director of Research for a boutique investment banking and advisory firm. Andrew has been a featured speaker for numerous conferences, presentations and media interviews, including CNBC’s Squawk Box. Earning his BBA from the University of Miami in 2002, Andrew majored in entrepreneurship and minored in English.
2 February 2016
According to our annual recap of deal-making, the total number of publicly announced transactions involving North American staffing companies increased 31% to 92 last year, significantly above the number of transactions announced in any single year since the Great Recession but well short of the... More
5 January 2016
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics released the 2016-2017 Occupational Outlook Handbook on Dec. 17, and the future for employment growth in IT-related jobs appears bright. Employment in the Computer and Information Technology occupation group is projected to increase 12.5% over the 2014 to 2024 period,... More
16 September 2015
- Cloud adoption among responding organizations was 93%, with 30% using exclusively public cloud, 5% using exclusively private cloud, and 58% using a hybrid solution.
- While adoption has risen rapidly, enterprises collectively still run just a fraction of their applications in the cloud. About two-thirds... More
21 December 2015
- In 2015, one in five (20%) EU enterprises employed one or more ICT specialists.
- Among enterprises that recruited one or more ICT specialists in 2014, 38% reported difficulty in filling vacancies.
- The proportion of enterprises reporting recruiting difficulty was highest in the Czech Republic... More
8 July 2015
- The proportion of EU enterprises using ERP software in 2014 was 31%, up from 21% in 2010.
- CRM applications were used by 28% of all enterprises in the EU, up from 23% in 2010.
- About one in five (19%) enterprises in the EU reported using cloud services in 2014, including 35% of large enterprises... More
2 March 2015
- The number of mobile-connected devices exceeded the world population in 2014, and is projected to reach nearly 1.5 per capita (11.5B total) by 2019.
- By 2019, 26% of all global devices and connections are projected to be 4G-capable. The report forecasts that global mobile 4G connections will grow... More
13 July 2015
- Costs on a per-compromised-record basis were highest in the US ($217) and Germany ($211), and lowest in Brazil ($78) and India ($56).
- While the global average cost per compromised record was $154, there was a significant variation in the cost by industry. In healthcare, the cost could be as high... More
22 June 2015
- UN report finds that the number of global internet users reached 3.2B in 2015
- Global internet penetration has increased nearly 7x since 2000
8 December 2015
As 2015 draws to a close, the year is shaping up to be another solid one for the IT staffing market, but it has not been without challenges. Staffing Industry Analysts examines in depth some of the issues facing the sector in its recently published IT Staffing Growth Assessment.
30 November 2015
- We estimate the scale of the global IT staffing market in 2013 was $57.2 billion. North America is the largest regional market, with a 26.2% global share, ahead of second-largest Europe, at 17.7%.
- In our 2015 Global Contingent Buyers Survey, data/data science was the most frequently... More