Adam Pode joined Staffing Industry Analysts in June 2009 with overall responsibility for research in Europe and now for the Rest of the World. Since then he has produced a large number of studies from snapshots of various countries’ staffing sectors, to in-depth reviews of the law concerning independent contractors, economic models and forecasts. He has also advised companies from around the globe.
Adam has spent his entire career in the research field; in the British House of Commons, running his own research firm, teaching research methods at a college in Pennsylvania, heading the business intelligence unit of a large listed UK firm and working as an associate partner in a private equity practice. He was also a member of the Territorial Army for 18 years.
Adam has a B.A. from the School of Oriental and African Studies, and various postgraduate qualifications.
Research Focus: Brazil | Eastern Europe | Greece | India | Ireland | Middle East | Portugal | Russia | UK
6 February 2012
- First full contingent buyers survey for Europe
- Full questions and summary answers
- More detailed reports on this data to follow
1 February 2012
- The report sets out details of central governments spending on temporary staff.
- Key findings include the monthly total amount they are spending.
- Details of the Department whose spending dwarfs all others.
31 January 2012
- See how your competitors or suppliers are faring
- Provides a spreadsheet you can upload into Outlook
- All the events listed will be covered in the Daily News
27 January 2012
- APSCo data generally negative
- Innovantage shows both perm and temp up
- Economy still souring
25 January 2012
- Some excellent advice from Osborne Clarke on the AWR
- If you receive an information request, or
- A claim under the legislation
25 January 2012
European countries seek to ease regulatory burdens on employers.
18 January 2012
- The CIPD has completed an interesting short review of the official statistics on self-employment in the UK.
- Self-employment, by the autumn of 2011, had reached a record level of 4.14 million
- The "new" self employed are 'handy-men' without skills, picking-up whatever bits and pieces... More
25 December 2011
- Read our latest legal update in association with the Ius Laboris Global Network
- Information this month from Denmark
20 December 2011
- Despite the global slowdown, M&A activity in the staffing industry increased in Western Europe this year.
- The most significant deal is the acquisition of SFN Group by Randstad.
- Read the full analysis: by staffing segment, deals with disclosed metrics, deals in which the target company offers... More
16 December 2011
- Describes the market
- Discusses the competition for staff
- Lists key providers