Adam Pode joined Staffing Industry Analysts in June 2009 with overall responsibility for research in Europe and now for the Rest of the World. Since then he has produced a large number of studies from snapshots of various countries’ staffing sectors, to in-depth reviews of the law concerning independent contractors, economic models and forecasts. He has also advised companies from around the globe.
Adam has spent his entire career in the research field; in the British House of Commons, running his own research firm, teaching research methods at a college in Pennsylvania, heading the business intelligence unit of a large listed UK firm and working as an associate partner in a private equity practice. He was also a member of the Territorial Army for 18 years.
Adam has a B.A. from the School of Oriental and African Studies, and various postgraduate qualifications.
Research Focus: Brazil | Eastern Europe | Greece | India | Ireland | Middle East | Portugal | Russia | UK
20 December 2011
- Despite the global slowdown, M&A activity in the staffing industry increased in Western Europe this year.
- The most significant deal is the acquisition of SFN Group by Randstad.
- Read the full analysis: by staffing segment, deals with disclosed metrics, deals in which the target company offers... More
16 December 2011
- Describes the market
- Discusses the competition for staff
- Lists key providers
15 December 2011
- Roughly one in eight employees left a job last year.
- The cost of these moves can be very high.
- Use the tools here to measure and cost staff turnover.
We would be very keen to hear from anybody who would like to anonymously benchmark their own figures. If this is of interest to you please... More
14 December 2011
Our end of year review showcases Staffing Industry Analyst’s most valued research produced during the past twelve months.
30 November 2011
- Q3 revenue up by a median 17.5%
- Net income up by a median 39.7%
- Gross margin for top ten down -0.8%
29 November 2011
- The latest trends in Europe from our VMS & MSP Competitive Landscape
- Hear our global experts' opinions on how to best adapt to the ever changing environment in 2010
- Replay de full webinar on demand
25 November 2011
- APSCo data relatively positive
- Innovantage shows perm up and temp down
- Economy souring
14 October 2010
Learn more about the latest contingent workforce issues in Europe
Speakers: John Nurthen, General Manager, Europe; Ton Mulders, Director of Strategic Solutions, Europe; Adam Pode, Director of Research, Europe
1 hour 7 minutes including Q&A
11 November 2011
- Overall staffing market growth rate for Europe for 2012
- Individual country growth rate forecasts for our 16 markets
- Commentary on the euro crisis and its effect on the market
10 November 2011
- As a region, the combined countries of Scandinavia would be the fifth largest European staffing market in 2010.
- ManpowerGroup and Adecco dominate this region, jointly controlling a quarter of the market.
- The main driver for growth in the region has been the recovery of the Swedish car manufacturing... More