Adam Pode joined Staffing Industry Analysts in June 2009 with overall responsibility for research in Europe and now for the Rest of the World. Since then he has produced a large number of studies from snapshots of various countries’ staffing sectors, to in-depth reviews of the law concerning independent contractors, economic models and forecasts. He has also advised companies from around the globe.
Adam has spent his entire career in the research field; in the British House of Commons, running his own research firm, teaching research methods at a college in Pennsylvania, heading the business intelligence unit of a large listed UK firm and working as an associate partner in a private equity practice. He was also a member of the Territorial Army for 18 years.
Adam has a B.A. from the School of Oriental and African Studies, and various postgraduate qualifications.
Research Focus: Brazil | Eastern Europe | Greece | India | Ireland | Middle East | Portugal | Russia | UK
8 September 2011
- Randstad tops the ranking, Adecco, ManpowerGroup and Trenkwalder are also in the Top 5. Work Service ranked 2nd and is by far the leading Polish firm.
- The placement of blue collar workers accounts for 90% of the market in terms of revenue.
- Staffing companies in Poland generate approximately... More
7 September 2011
- Apsco data shows placements and vacancies easing back Y/Y
- Innovantage Heat Map shows perm and temporary cool
- Gross Margins were up very slightly and the economy is mixed
5 September 2011
- Read our latest legal update in association with the Ius Laboris Global Network
- Information this month from Belgium, Europe and Italy
22 August 2011
- Compliments the 2011 List of Largest Global Engineering Services Firms with a more detailed focus on the European market.
- A list of ten largest European headquartered providers of engineering services ranked by revenue.
16 August 2011
- In 2010 the UK staffing industry saw a strong recovery from the disastrous 2009.
- Market consolidation is a key trend in the market.
- Adecco has taken the top spot from Hays after the acquisition of Spring and MPS.
5 August 2011
- In 2010 the Dutch staffing market saw the first signs of recovery.
- Domestic giants Randstad and USG People still well ahead of the pack; Adecco now ahead of ManpowerGroup
- A highly fragmented market: the top 5 firms owns just a third of the Dutch market.
3 August 2011
Europe’s Blue Card Directive is designed to attract highly talented workers by making it easier for them to come to Europe, move around and improve their status when they are in the region.
8 July 2011
While a great deal of attention has been paid to the implementation of the AWR. Two other Directives this year may have nearly as great an impact on both staffing firms and buyers...
1 July 2011
- Nearly three-quarters of EU Member States have some form of statutory national minimum wage
- Monthly minimum wages vary by a factor of about 1:14
- Median growth in the minimum wages from 2001-2011 was a little under 5% per annum.
28 June 2011
- Evaluation and overview of German temp market
- Analysis of EU Directives effect on German market pricing
- Importance of collective bargaining