Adam Pode joined Staffing Industry Analysts in June 2009 with overall responsibility for research in Europe and now for the Rest of the World. Since then he has produced a large number of studies from snapshots of various countries’ staffing sectors, to in-depth reviews of the law concerning independent contractors, economic models and forecasts. He has also advised companies from around the globe.
Adam has spent his entire career in the research field; in the British House of Commons, running his own research firm, teaching research methods at a college in Pennsylvania, heading the business intelligence unit of a large listed UK firm and working as an associate partner in a private equity practice. He was also a member of the Territorial Army for 18 years.
Adam has a B.A. from the School of Oriental and African Studies, and various postgraduate qualifications.
Research Focus: Brazil | Eastern Europe | Greece | India | Ireland | Middle East | Portugal | Russia | UK
5 August 2011
- In 2010 the Dutch staffing market saw the first signs of recovery.
- Domestic giants Randstad and USG People still well ahead of the pack; Adecco now ahead of ManpowerGroup
- A highly fragmented market: the top 5 firms owns just a third of the Dutch market.
3 August 2011
Europe’s Blue Card Directive is designed to attract highly talented workers by making it easier for them to come to Europe, move around and improve their status when they are in the region.
8 July 2011
While a great deal of attention has been paid to the implementation of the AWR. Two other Directives this year may have nearly as great an impact on both staffing firms and buyers...
1 July 2011
- Nearly three-quarters of EU Member States have some form of statutory national minimum wage
- Monthly minimum wages vary by a factor of about 1:14
- Median growth in the minimum wages from 2001-2011 was a little under 5% per annum.
28 June 2011
- Evaluation and overview of German temp market
- Analysis of EU Directives effect on German market pricing
- Importance of collective bargaining
27 June 2011
- Read our latest legal update in association with the Ius Laboris Global Network
- Date this month from Belgium and the United Kingdom
24 June 2011
- Apsco data shows vacancies up 16%
- Innovantage Heat Map shows perm warm and temporary mixed
- Gross Margins up in Q1 and the economy middling
17 June 2011
- Randstad is the market leader, albeit with only 9.5% share as the market is still highly fragmented.
- Only one domestic firm features in the Top 5, but German firms largely dominate the rest of the Top 50 list.
- Industrial staffing was the growth driver in 2010, in particular momentum from the... More
9 June 2011
This Citation covers guidance from
- Blake Lapthorn
6 June 2011
- Market Size
- Largest Players - Domestic & Multinational
- Fastest Growing