John Nurthen is responsible for leading all aspects of Staffing Industry Analysts' business in Europe. He has 20 years experience in the staffing industry having previously worked in a variety of senior managerial roles for three of the world's largest staffing companies: Select Appointments, Vedior and Randstad. During this time, he played an active role in a series of major equity offerings and mergers. Nurthen created the International Review of Employment which is published in four languages and founded DOVA, now one of the largest global databases of online vacancies. John played a leading role in the development of common data standards with the creation of HR-XML SIDES in collaboration with other major staffing companies. He has held responsibility for internal and external communications (including investor relations and public affairs), e-Business, technology matters, marketing, research, procurement and corporate social responsibility. Nurthen has addressed subjects as diverse as internet strategy, job boards, managed services, outsourcing, software asset management, and risk management. John's experience makes him an authority on global recruitment and contingent workforce issues covering all sectors of the market.
Research Focus: China | Colombia | Hong Kong | Japan | Malaysia | Singapore | South Korea
28 November 2012
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Hear insights from the whole research team
- Duration: approximately 1h
28 November 2012
Background screening, already a potential minefield for contingent workforce programs in the U.S., add even more risk — including that of misclassification — on the international stage.
20 November 2012
- What do you need to consider before taking the plunge
- For twleve major staffing markets
- and three key categories
7 November 2012
- Access our list of the 105 staffing firms with annual 2011 European revenues in excess of €100m.
- See which firm leads our list, the 20 firms who have joined and the 27 who have disappeared.
- Understand the place of US companies in Europe
17 October 2012
In the final article addressing the changing contingent workforce landscape in Asia, we discuss China's efforts to require that all temporary workers should enjoy pay equal to their permanent counterparts.
10 October 2012
In this second article addressing changing legislation in Asia, we focus on Vietnam, where a new law going into effect next year addresses a hybrid form of temporary staffing and labor outsourcing.
3 October 2012
We have previously covered the details and implications of the U.K. Pensions Act, which went into effect Monday, but a new issue has been brought to light that potentially exposes employers to an increased risk of fines and criminal sanctions.
3 October 2012
Asian staffing markets are relatively immature and quite often lightly regulated. However, the markets are developing quickly and legislation is evolving to accommodate the growth in demand from employers for more flexible forms of employment. In this first in a series of articles on the issue, we address... More
8 August 2012
- Staffing Industry Analysts’ first global ranking of publicly listed staffing firms by market capitalisation
- Adecco is the world’s largest listed staffing firm ranked by market capitalisation followed by Randstad and Robert Half.
- The US is home to most listed staffing firms, followed by the... More
7 August 2012
If you were thinking that, with the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) in place, the U.K. staffing market is over the worst, you may want to pay some attention to the implications of the U.K. Pensions Act, which comes into effect in October.