After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
19 October 2012
You Ask/ We Answer: Is VMS Use Still Growing?
27 September 2012
- World’s five highest paid staffing execs at public firms.
- When do staffing firms hire top execs?
- Where do staffing employees come from?
30 August 2012
- How big is healthcare temp staffing?
- What percentage of healthcare practitioner employment do large employers represent?
- Ambualtory services, the best U.S. employment market
28 July 2012
In this month’s “By the Numbers”
- How much annual revenue does a branch typically generate?
- At an IT staffing branch, it’s $7.6 million
- At an industrial staffing branch, it’s $3.1 million
See “By the Numbers” for more
2 July 2012
- What’s hot in manufacturing, where overtime hours are highes
- Manufacturing job gains
- Industrial staffing revenue growth
23 May 2012
- The net promoter score buyers gave managed service providers (MSPs) in 2011.
- Suggestions on what MSPs could do better.
- Percent of buyers using MSP, as a function of contingent spend.
29 March 2012
- Internal staff becomes a higher priority
- Which staffing firm priority is most correlated with consistent profitability?
- Odds of a “Best Staffing Firm to Work For” being among the fastest-growing in U.S.
1 March 2012
- VMS and MSP use by large buyers
- How much buyers expect to grow their contingent workforces
- Staffing firms’ plans for branch offices in 2012
2 February 2012
- Seventy-six percent of staffing firms will increase recruiting staff in 2012.
- Mid-range pay for staffing industry recruiters by skill specialty.
- Thirty-one percent of U.S. information technology staffing firms use India-based recruiters.
27 December 2011
- Buyers rank least expensive type of contingent labor and which has highest quality
- What are buyers plans with respect to use of agency temps
- Percentage of buyers have programs to encourage use of diversity suppliers