Timothy Landhuis is a Senior Research Analyst at Staffing Industry Analysts. His areas of coverage include industry growth, market estimates, margins, M&A, and related topics as the “CFO contact” of the research team.
Prior to joining Staffing Industry Analysts, Landhuis worked for more than five years as an HR Generalist and Financial Analyst at Fortune 1000 and market leading firms in the semiconductor, software, and financial services sectors.
Landhuis holds an M.B.A. in finance and accounting from Washington University in St. Louis and a B.A. from Stanford University. He has passed the level one Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam.
April 9, 2012
- Industry projected to expand 10% in 2012 and 7% in 2013
- Segments headed for all-time peaks in 2012: industrial, IT, engineering, and locum tenens staffing
- Strong evidence of positive secular shift
April 2, 2012
- U.S. Staffing Stock Index rose 17% in 1Q12
- 14 gainers, 3 decliners
- Gains indicate bullish outlook for industry
March 29, 2012
The Irish economy suffered a setback with the global recession, but it is expected to grow again in 2012. With a promising outlook, temporary staffing is also expected to grow.
March 27, 2012
- Public firms report growth in 2011, yet deceleration
- Internal employment declined in last 3 months
- Unemployment rate for managers still 50% above long term average
March 21, 2012
- Public firms report double-digit growth in 2011
- January Pulse survey indicates 80% of firms report y/y growth
- Internal employment grew by 12% in 2011
March 2, 2012
- Public firms report positive y/y growth in 4Q11
- January Pulse Survey reports y/y growth of 7% for office/clerical, and 10% for industrial staffing
- Unemployment rates remain high in commercial occupations
March 1, 2012
The Canadian economy avoided the harshest blows of the economic downturn. Evidence suggests the country’s temporary staffing revenue is already at pre-recession levels. Here’s what the market is like and what you can learn from it.
February 15, 2012
- 4Q11 y/y revenue growth reported by public firms is strong, but moderating
- Pulse survey reports 7% year-over-year revenue growth in December
- Top sectors that use F&A staffing show modest employment growth
- Notable skill shortages in three F&A occupations
February 7, 2012
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Analysis of temporary employment trends
- Contingent buyer metrics scanner tool
- Latest staffing survey data
February 3, 2012
- Lessons from the recession
- Metrics for driving profitability
- Other finance best practices