After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
October 27, 2011
In this month’s “By the Numbers”
- Where small firms rule: Allied healthcare
- Travel nurse staffing coming back strong
- How do buyers calculate MSP fees?
September 27, 2011
- 14 occupations with extreme skill shortages
- What skill do a majority of the fastest-growing staffing firms provide?
- What kinds of staffing firms do acquirers want to buy?
July 28, 2011
- How do buyers find suppliers
- The average revenue for a staffing firm
- The number of mentor staffing firms on the 2011 Mentor/Protégé List
June 22, 2011
- Percent of large buyers using a vendor for independent contractor compliance currently and over the next two years: 75%
- On the rebound: Clinical scientific temp revenue to grow
- Largest engineering temp staffing markets
May 25, 2011
- Ratio of recruiters outside the staffing industry to recruiters inside the staffing industry is 1.6:1
- Median compensation for branch managers in IT temporary staffing is $125,000
- When calculating wages, 65 percent of staffing firms use wages paid for similar temp jobs in the past
May 3, 2011
- Number of office/clerical temps in the U.S.?
- How do temps find a recruiter?
- What percentage of large buyers are using a vendor management system?
December 21, 2010
- Big players report revenue down about 30%
- Strengthening economy produces sector weakness
- Outplacement to continue to decline in 2011 and 2012
December 21, 2010
- Seventh annual contingent buyers survey
- Full questions and summary answers
- Latest buyer plans, spend, strategies
- More detailed reports on this data to follow
March 31, 2011
- What Are Staffing Firms’ Top Markets?
- What Percentage of Buyers Are Expanding Use of WMBE Suppliers?
- There’s an Employment Boom in this Segment.
March 16, 2011
- What kinds of medical insurance do staffing firms offer temps?
- What occupations are most highly penetrated by temps?
- What is the percent of buyers willing to try a new staffing supplier?