After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
November 28, 2011
- Who Hires When: Sharpest seasonal hiring spikes, by industry
- Industries with the highest need for seasonal labor
- Most seasonal temp segment
October 27, 2011
In this month’s “By the Numbers”
- Where small firms rule: Allied healthcare
- Travel nurse staffing coming back strong
- How do buyers calculate MSP fees?
September 27, 2011
- 14 occupations with extreme skill shortages
- What skill do a majority of the fastest-growing staffing firms provide?
- What kinds of staffing firms do acquirers want to buy?
July 28, 2011
- How do buyers find suppliers
- The average revenue for a staffing firm
- The number of mentor staffing firms on the 2011 Mentor/Protégé List
June 22, 2011
- Percent of large buyers using a vendor for independent contractor compliance currently and over the next two years: 75%
- On the rebound: Clinical scientific temp revenue to grow
- Largest engineering temp staffing markets
May 25, 2011
- Ratio of recruiters outside the staffing industry to recruiters inside the staffing industry is 1.6:1
- Median compensation for branch managers in IT temporary staffing is $125,000
- When calculating wages, 65 percent of staffing firms use wages paid for similar temp jobs in the past
May 3, 2011
- Number of office/clerical temps in the U.S.?
- How do temps find a recruiter?
- What percentage of large buyers are using a vendor management system?
December 21, 2010
- Big players report revenue down about 30%
- Strengthening economy produces sector weakness
- Outplacement to continue to decline in 2011 and 2012
December 21, 2010
- Seventh annual contingent buyers survey
- Full questions and summary answers
- Latest buyer plans, spend, strategies
- More detailed reports on this data to follow
March 31, 2011
- What Are Staffing Firms’ Top Markets?
- What Percentage of Buyers Are Expanding Use of WMBE Suppliers?
- There’s an Employment Boom in this Segment.