Andrew Braswell is a Research Analyst at Staffing Industry Analysts, covering the healthcare segment of temporary staffing. Prior to joining SIA, he spent more than eight years in equity investment research, most recently as Director of Research for a boutique investment banking and advisory firm. Andrew has been a featured speaker for numerous conferences, presentations and media interviews, including CNBC’s Squawk Box. Earning his BBA from the University of Miami in 2002, Andrew majored in entrepreneurship and minored in English.
September 11, 2013
- A brief overview of what defines fully ACA-compliant major medical insurance
- Large employers must offer at least 95% of employees and their dependents coverage that is "adequate" and "affordable"
- Three independent brokers / benefit consultants that work with staffing companies... More
September 4, 2013
In the second quarter of 2013, the 10 large firms constituting our general all-segment index grew revenue by a median 3.4 percent, and net income by a median 9.2 percent from the prior year.
August 7, 2013
Following several years of sustained upward trajectory as we emerged from the Great Recession, growth in healthcare employment has shown a marked deceleration in recent months.
August 6, 2013
- An overview of the two penalties under the ACA's "employer shared responsibility" provision
- To avoid both penalties, large employers must offer 95%of workers coverage that is "affordable" and "adequate"
- Most companies are likely to either offer major medical as a... More
July 29, 2013
- Panel from the 2012 Healthcare Staffing Summit provides viewpoints on major trends impacting the industry
- Topics include the Affordable Care Act, changing models of care, the aging population and the obesity epidemic
July 18, 2013
Seven healthcare staffing providers were among the 92 total companies to make the 2013 List of Fastest-Growing U.S. Staffing Firms, published July 1 by Staffing Industry Analysts.
July 9, 2013
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- More on Skinny Med Plans for ACA
Affordable Care Act - The “Skinny” on Limited Benefit Plans: A Good Option for Controlling the Cost of Compliance?
July 9, 2013
- An overview of "Skinny Plans" as a low cost option for ACA compliance
- Are they legal? Probably, but some uncertainty
- Four Skinny Plan providers identified
June 11, 2013
- Comprehensive report on numerous U.S. healthcare trends released by CDC.
- Number of visits to hospital emergency departments remains high, but did decline from 2009 to 2010.
June 10, 2013
- Panel from the 2012 Healthcare Staffing Summit provides overview of RPO in healthcare
- Topics include contract structuring, pricing, and how to sell RPO
- Find out whether RPO is a good fit for your business