Andrew Braswell is a Senior Research Analyst at Staffing Industry Analysts, covering the IT segment of temporary staffing, along with merger and acquisition activity in the sector and issues related to the Affordable Care Act. Prior to joining SIA in May 2013, he spent more than eight years in equity investment research, most recently as Director of Research for a boutique investment banking and advisory firm. Andrew has been a featured speaker for numerous conferences, presentations and media interviews, including CNBC’s Squawk Box. Earning his BBA from the University of Miami in 2002, Andrew majored in entrepreneurship and minored in English.
February 10, 2015
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Payrolling & IC Evaluation/Compliance Landscape
- ACA Update and Seasonality Tool Demonstrated
January 12, 2015
Here are the drivers behind IT staffing's 7 percent growth in 2014.
January 8, 2015
- US Staffing Industry Stock Index gained 1.7% in 2H14
- Nine stocks advanced, eight declined
- Underperfomed the S&P 500 (up 5.0%), outperformed the Russell 2000 (up 1.0%)
December 30, 2014
- U.S. IT temporary staffing projected to grow 7% in 2015 and reach $27.8 billion
- Over the last 14 years, IT employment has increased more than 41%, compared to just 5.5% for total employment
- While numbers of U.S. computer science graduates are rising, the H-1B visa cap is limiting supply... More
December 10, 2014
Reading the earnings report tea leaves to discern trends in IT staffing demand continues to pose a challenge.
November 26, 2014
- Overview of the ACA regulations as they impact staffing firms
- Calculations for Applicable Large Employers, variable hour and seasonal employees
- Penalties - How are they triggered and assessed?
November 12, 2014
The strong order volumes reported by both AMN Healthcare (NYSE: AHS) and Cross Country Healthcare (NASD: CCRN) exiting the second quarter were borne out by very solid third-quarter earnings reports and boosted forward guidance.
October 7, 2014
Two recently published reports offer a look at growth metrics — both recent and projected—within the US healthcare staffing industry.
October 2, 2014
- Allied health revenue and volume down from 1H13 to 1H14
- Respiratory and speech up, OT and PT down
- Robust growth in nurse practitioner staffing
September 17, 2014
Largest healthcare staffing firms lineup may change next year; healthcare staffing firms a presence on fastest-growing staffing firms list.