2013 Staffing Company Survey: What percent of staffing revenue is derived from small- and medium-sized businesses?
November 13, 2013
- We asked staffing firms to tell us the percent of revenue they derive from small- and medium- sized businesses.
- We used this information to determine both the breadth (what percent of staffing firms do business with small- and mid-sized businesses?) as well as intensity (percent of revenue derived)... More
November 7, 2013
- As in every year the Staffing Company Survey has been conducted, respondents reported their company's top priority to be growing revenue.
- When comparing responses from the current survey with past results, we found three groups of priorities in descending order of importance: Growing revenue,... More
October 17, 2013
- This year, in addition to the internet and globalization, staffing firms were net-positive with regards to outsourcing, the economy (first time since 2009), and RPO.
- With the exception of government regulation and the legal environment, the one year trend for all factors moved in the positive... More
October 17, 2013
- We asked staffing firms the open-ended question: “Of the current legislative and/or regulatory issues affecting your business, which most concern you, and why?”
- The vast majority of the 343 responses we received (80%) concern the Affordable Healthcare Act.
- Immigration reform and background... More
October 15, 2013
- We asked staffing firms: “How is your firm responding to the opportunity/competitive threat represented by fully automated online staffing services?”
- A majority of 534 respondents were either unaware of such services (25%), or were not interested/concerned (55%)
- Other firms were considering... More
October 15, 2013
- We asked staffing firms: “Looking back, what would you say is the single best/worst strategic or tactical decision your firm has ever made, and why?”
- Among staffing firms’ best strategic/tactical decisions, the most common response was "staying focused on a segment/niche"... More
October 1, 2013
- Median multiples paid for acquisitions in 2013 were 0.6x revenue, and 3.0x EBITDA
- These values were flat over the previous year, though the range of revenue multiples was more dispersed than in previous years
- The range of EBITDA multiples we received was similar to last year, with slightly more... More
September 25, 2013
- We asked staffing firms to rate (on a scale from 0 to 10) how much they think their current website contributes to business success. On average, staffing firm websites received a grade of 5.6/10.
- Sixty-four percent of staffing firms reported that their website’s focus was evenly mixed between... More
2013 Staffing Company Survey: Staffing firm expectations and plans in response to the Affordable Care Act
September 20, 2013
- Thirty-eight percent of staffing firms expect a revenue decrease associated with ACA, while 44% expect a revenue increase. Eighteen percent do not anticipate an effect either way.
- Firms in the IT segment were more likely than the average firm to expect a revenue decrease associated with... More
July 31, 2013
- Study of staffing sales force salary and incentives
- Includes best practices around sales compensation
- 98 staffing firms surveyed