November 13, 2012
- Twenty-nine percent of staffing firms surveyed reported using the bench model to some degree
- Taking industry as a whole, bench model workers make up about 5% of all temp workers
- Bigger firms use bench model more
November 12, 2012
- More than 70% of staffing firms expect to hire more sales staff and recruiters in 2013
- Hiring a lot: staffing firms operating in tech sector/skills
- Less hiring: staffing firms in office/clerical
November 7, 2012
- Findings from our first-ever survey of buyers of healthcare staffing
- Data on buyer plans, management strategies, use of various types of contingent labor, reasons for using contingents, satisfaction with suppliers and recruiting difficulty, among other indicators
November 2, 2012
- 12 month plans with respect to increasing or decreasing branch numbers
- About a third plan expansion
- Most aggressive: engineering/design staffing firms, and firms serving the tech/telecom industry
October 31, 2012
- Staffing firms were asked to recommend two of their favorite vendors, and to explain their selection.
- Nine vendors received 10 or more recommendations, 30 received at least three.
- Job boards and front office solutions platforms topped the list.
October 30, 2012
- 16 companies participated, earning a total of $989m in annualized revenue
- Hospitalist staffing grew fastest, but pediatrics staffing showed the largest growth in gross profit
October 24, 2012
- Allied staffing grew an estimated 10% y/y
- Includes results on revenue growth, volume growth, recruiting difficulty and typical assignment length by occupation
October 23, 2012
- Initial findings, questions and summary statistics for 2012 annual Staffing Company Survey.
- Key benchmarks, staffing firm plans, management priorities.
- Temp-to-hire rates, bench-model, M&A activity, and much more.
October 23, 2012
- 349 individual staffing firms share if and how they incentivize their temps apart from regular pay.
- 35% of respondents did not provide any additional incentives.
- Of the remaining 65% who did offer additional incentives, more than half offered some kind of bonus. Other incentives included: holiday... More
October 22, 2012
- 446 individual firms share their strategies, aside from compensation, for motivating and engaging their internal staff.
- Frequent, ongoing training was the most common theme among responses.
- Six other themes were identified, including company culture, teamwork, and communication.