2015 Temporary Worker Survey:Which types of work will you do more of, and which less of, over the next ten years?
July 23, 2015
- 6,000 temps surveyed about 10-year work plans
- Overwhelmingly, temping is just temporary; most plan to go full-time
- But older workers, higher-paid, more open to future temping
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:How can staffing firms improve the popular image of the staffing industry and of temporary work?
July 7, 2015
- 2,000 temps offer ideas on promoting industry
- Temps say advertise temp--to-perm success, stats
- Take a bigger role in temp careers, offer training, advice
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:By what communication methods do temporary workers prefer to hear about new job opportunities?
July 1, 2015
- Temps prefer to hear about jobs by email and phone
- Texting jobs relatively unpopular even with young people
- Only 1% want to hear about jobs via social media
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:To what degree did your staffing agency coach you regarding the interviewing process and hiring company culture?
June 30, 2015
- About half of temporary workers say more should be done to prep temps
- Coaching/preparation key to temp satisfaction
- Most in need of improvement: communication about assignment details
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:What criteria are most important to temporary workers in choosing their staffing agency?
June 19, 2015
- Temps asked top staffing firm selection criteria
- Pay, assignment availability top the list
- But trustworthiness also ranks high
June 17, 2015
- 29% of temps cited at least one service they would buy
- Practical, effective job-enhancing help a priority
- Training/education most common response
2015 Temporary Worker Survey: Are temporary workers turning to online staffing services for employment?
June 3, 2015
- Majority of traditional temps not aware of online staffing
- But among those familiar, 38% are using it
- Higher paid/older temps more likely to be familiar with it
June 3, 2015
- Results from the first comprehensive survey on Total Talent Management
- Watch the playback on demand, approx 1 hour
- Download a copy of the presentation as a pdf
June 1, 2015
- Only 16% of temporary workers want to be called temps
- Preferred job designation varies by wage
- Term most widely accepted: "contractor"
May 26, 2015
- Thirty-eight percent of temps say they have signed up
- Higher than temps projected previously
- Heaviest users: lowest-paid, youngest and oldest