April 30, 2012
- Top thing to improve: "communications," cited more frequently than pay or benefits
- In general, soft factors very significant for temps
- Among temps who liked agency, many cited positive attitude of staff, good communication, timely pay
April 19, 2012
- #1 way temps found agency: "they contacted me"
- Referrals, job board, and web searches also cited frequently
- Less effective than expected: Social networking, branding
April 16, 2012
- Half of all CW managers said they have past experience in procurement, 43% in HR, 30% in staffing and 24% in IT.
- A quarter of buyers said that they had been a temporary worker and 7% an independent contractor.
April 12, 2012
- Median reported savings from contingent labor: 13%
- All categories of buyer report median and average savings
- Median hard savings target: 8%
March 27, 2012
- Buyers gave their VMSs net promoter scores of 24% and scores of 27% to their MSPs
- Net promoter score by industry, size, skill segment, management level, department and prior experience
March 26, 2012
- Over three quarters of respondents with assignment limits said legal/co-employment risks were their reason for having assignment limits
- Labor lawyers have said that assignment limits provide little protection against co-employment risks
- Over one third of buyers have no assignment limits.... More
March 23, 2012
- Median salaries, bonuses, total compensation and size of raises for contingent workforce managers by various categories, including industry, primary skill purchased, management level
- More detail on how bonuses are determined
March 23, 2012
- Only about half of non-agency contingents are sourced directly by those applying for contingent positions, with the remaining contingents sourced from former full-time workers, temps and full-time job applicants
- Larger buyers hire greater proportions of their non-agency contingents from the ranks... More
March 9, 2012
- Use of "primaries" vendor bidding models has increased sharply since 2007
- Nearly two thirds of buyers cap bill rates
- Large buyers are more likely to use open bidding models than small buyers
February 28, 2012
- Only a minority of buyers reported requiring staffing firms to verify the employment eligibility of temps using E-Verify.
- However, buyers of industrial/logistics/transportation staffing bucked that trend, with over three-quarters requiring use.