November 28, 2012
As we rely more and more on contingent workers, they in turn become more visible. How you treat them could make or break your reputation.
November 8, 2012
- Online staffing must be assessed, not ignored
- Effective responses not based on misconceptions
- Threats and opportunities may not be obvious
October 31, 2012
- Cost advantage important
- Lower rates, lower markups
- Many other critical benefits
October 17, 2012
In the final article addressing the changing contingent workforce landscape in Asia, we discuss China's efforts to require that all temporary workers should enjoy pay equal to their permanent counterparts.
October 10, 2012
In this second article addressing changing legislation in Asia, we focus on Vietnam, where a new law going into effect next year addresses a hybrid form of temporary staffing and labor outsourcing.
October 3, 2012
Asian staffing markets are relatively immature and quite often lightly regulated. However, the markets are developing quickly and legislation is evolving to accommodate the growth in demand from employers for more flexible forms of employment. In this first in a series of articles on the issue, we address... More
September 24, 2012
- "Online Staffing" now a $1B industry
- High growth: revenues, new entrants
- "Technology-based play"-- low markups
August 1, 2012
Five hospitality companies in South Dakota that used an employment agency will pay more than $124,000 in back wages to 293 workers, the U.S. Department of Labor reported. The firms will also pay $79,000 in penalties.
July 18, 2012
Recruitment process outsourcing is becoming more prevalent as companies realize the benefits to their bottom line. Here are two recently announced deals.
July 10, 2012
- 35% of staffing firms outsource some recruiting function
- Of these, about half use offshore resources
- Most frequently outsourced: sourcing