June 19, 2014
- This expert interview was recorded at SIA's 2013 Healthcare Staffing Summit in Chicago
- Topics include: the effect of medicare cuts in the nursing home setting, booming demand in home healthcare, growing demand in the school setting, best practices for recruiting candidates, and other insights... More
June 12, 2014
- The most common “best decision” among buyers, by a large margin, was adopting VMS or MSP.
- Contingent workforce organization and control was a recurring theme in the “best decision” responses.
- The most common "worst decision" was “allowing local branches/managers to exercise... More
June 9, 2014
- Usage of VMS, MSP, RPO, HRO hits new highs
- RPO use now more common than master supplier
- Seven management strategies poised for growth
June 4, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America.
- Browse news by category and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends, and employment data.
May 28, 2014
- Awareness of online staffing is growing rapidly
- Actual use of online staffing remains very low
- Interest in future use of online staffing spiked in 2014
May 28, 2014
- Online Services platforms belong to a unique category in the SIA Human Cloud Platform taxonomy, alongside (and sometimes overlapping with) Online Staffing and Crowdsourcing platforms
- In Online Services, businesses (wherever they are) purchase a specific service offered by the platform; the platform... More
May 25, 2014
- Total Mexican staffing market estimate of $3.8 billion (formal market: $1.4 billion)
- ManpowerGroup is largest staffing firm in Mexico, with 38% of formal market
- We estimate formal Mexican staffing market grew 3% in 2013
May 23, 2014
- Buyers continue to remain bullish with respect to near‐term hiring plans
- Buyers were most bullish about the long-term prospects for high-skilled workers, SOWs, offshore workers, and outsourced company functions
- The average reported contingent share of workforce is expected to grow from 18%... More
May 20, 2014
- Seventy-six percent of public staffing firms reported positive y/y revenue growth in 1Q14, down from 82% in 4Q13.
- Median revenue grew by 6.5% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
- Eighty-one percent of public staffing firms reported positive net income in 1Q14.
May 20, 2014
- Mixed Q1 results reported by publicly held companies.
- Adecco reported double-digit U.S. outplacement revenue growth, partly driven by the financial and pharmaceutical industries.
- Three percent decline projected for U.S. outplacement market in 2014.