March 3, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America.
- Browse the news by topic and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends, and employment data.
February 24, 2014
- Overall net promoter score was a respectable 42%
- Agencies get good feedback in "quality of relationship" measures
- Trust and quality of relationship were most correlated with temp satisfaction
February 18, 2014
- Roughly a third of workers expressed some form of unsolicited praise
- Industrial workers were the most likely to express praise, healthcare workers were the least likely
- The most common requests were: increase and improve communication and feedback, increase pay, and offer transition to... More
February 13, 2014
- Bonuses are typically $100 or less, or $500 or more - with few in between
- Higher wages typically mean higher referral bonuses
- Referral bonuses are possibly underutilized - only 28% of temporary workers reported being offered a referral bonus
February 13, 2014
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 10.8% employment growth from 2012 to 2022
- SIA forecasts 3.1% annual growth in temporary services employment from 2012 to 2022
- Report provides employment forecast for 667 detailed occupations organized by staffing segment
February 7, 2014
- More than 4,800 temporary workers surveyed on their primary method for finding a recruiter
- Contacting a staffing agency less popular than asking a friend or searching the internet
- Results vary substantially by occupation
February 5, 2014
- More than 3,000 temporary workers surveyed on which job board or social network site they used to find work
- Monster.com was the most commonly reported job board or social network used overall
January 31, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America. Browse news by region and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends and employment data.
January 29, 2014
- U.S. Staffing Industry Stock Index rose 14% in 4Q13
- 16 stocks advanced, 1 declined
- Outperformed S&P 500 (up 10%) and Russell 2000 (up 8%)
January 23, 2014
- We estimate that marketing/creative staffing revenue grew 7% in 2013, reaching a market size of $1.0 billion.
- Seven key industries that use marketing/creative staffing grew an average of 2.2%.