January 2, 2014
- Total global online staffing segment spend/ market size to grow significantly by 2020, as most of the underlying conditions and drivers seem to support expansion (versus restriction) of online platform-based spend.
- Three forecasts illustrate what we consider credible, supportable range of possible... More
November 27, 2013
- Three online staffing platforms have achieved global scope and a scale over the past several years: Elance, freelancer.com, and oDesk.
- These three platforms continue to pursue strategies to capture more of the potential world market for bringing together remote, online freelancers (and microfirms)... More
October 15, 2013
- We asked staffing firms: “How is your firm responding to the opportunity/competitive threat represented by fully automated online staffing services?”
- A majority of 534 respondents were either unaware of such services (25%), or were not interested/concerned (55%)
- Other firms were considering... More
September 20, 2013
- Having the rights to use/employ a functioning platform that supports the optimal buy/sell-side ecosystem is necessary
- Entry is likely to take a couple of years and up to several million dollars
- Developing/growing supply-demand transactions may be the most challenging, investment-intensive business... More
September 10, 2013
- Online Staffing market growth revised upward to 60% in 2013
- No foreseen near‐term limits on global expansion
- Market drivers could lead to $3B in spend in 2014
August 9, 2013
- 67 online staffing firms listed and described
- Four largest: oDesk, Elance, freelancer.com, Zhubajie (Pig Network)
- How online staffing fits into human cloud space
July 11, 2013
- Awareness of online staffing has increased since 2012
- Although hiring managers are less likely to be aware of online staffing, aware hiring managers are much more likely than aware CW managers to make use of online staffing
The “Human Cloud” in 2013: What It Is, and Why It Is An Emerging and Real Opportunity For Staffing Firms
June 13, 2013
- "Online Staffing" is just one part of the "Human Cloud"
- Technology is enabling many new staffing models
- "Crowdsourcing" and "Online Services" are among them
February 13, 2013
Elance reports billings and usage have grown by nearly 50 percent, and has signaled that it would be targeting larger businesses in the future.
January 30, 2013
Online staffing platforms continue to gain traction as a source for contingent workers not just for companies based in the United States, but for those around the world as well.