April 24, 2014
This report contains results from 33 questions, including questions regarding:
- Common practices among buyers of staffing services
- Plans for future use of staffing services
- Factors that encourage or discourage use of staffing
April 8, 2014
- We forecast the U.S. temporary staffing industry to grow 6% in 2014 and 7% in 2015
- Forecasted 2014 growth rates raised for most segments, except healthcare staffing
- Growth driven primarily by stronger U.S. economy and aided by several secular drivers
April 4, 2014
- The Excel companion file associated with this report contains the 2014 Staffing Compensation Estimator, a tool that calculates pay ranges for a staffing agency’s internal employees.
- When estimating pay for internal employees, the Staffing Compensation Estimator accounts for experience, cost-of-living... More
April 3, 2014
- Legislation could raise Affordable Care Act’s definition of full-time employee
- OSHA discusses who is responsible for recording temps’ injuries
- Legislation would raise federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour
- White House looking at update to ‘white collar’ overtime exemption
- Federal agencies... More
April 1, 2014
- In a set of sixteen public companies, almost two thirds reported a y/y increase in gross margin percentage in 4Q13.
- Gross margins among the sixteen companies declined as a result of the 2008-2009 recession and have remained flat since that time.
- PPI data suggests that office/clerical rates continue... More
April 1, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America.
- Browse news by category and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends, and employment data.
March 31, 2014
- Online Staffing and Human Cloud platforms have become a focus of much interest for many staffing firms since 2012 and some staffing firms are beginning to engage with these platforms actively in productive and innovative ways.
- Data show that staffing firm awareness, business interest in, and actual... More
March 14, 2014
- Eighty-two percent of public staffing firms reported positive y/y revenue growth in 4Q13 - the highest percentage since 1Q12.
- Median revenue grew by 4.8% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
- Median earnings grew by 18.6% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
March 11, 2014
- Nearly half of temporary workers receive coverage from an outside, non-staffing source
- On average, only a third of temporary workers who are offered insurance sign up for it
- One-quarter of temporary workers report that they have signed up for a healthcare exchange (or are planning to) ... More
2014 Staffing Firm Internal Employee Survey: What are the biggest missed opportunities in the staffing industry?
March 11, 2014
- Both management and non-management employees agree that training is the top missed opportunity.
- Non-management employees focused on improving the fundamentals - communication, quality, and hiring great people.
- Management focused on improving technology and enterprise growth.