August 29, 2013
- Sample contract for agency personnel services provided
- Addresses contractual issues with overtime rates, conversion fees and SLAs
August 16, 2013
- Affordable Care Act’s employer mandate delayed one year
- US Supreme Court overturns Defense of Marriage Act
- Suit alleges law firm and staffing agency failed to pay overtime to temps
- National Labor Relations Board orders temp staffing agency election
- Court tosses Title VII disparate impact... More
August 6, 2013
- An overview of the two penalties under the ACA's "employer shared responsibility" provision
- To avoid both penalties, large employers must offer 95%of workers coverage that is "affordable" and "adequate"
- Most companies are likely to either offer major medical as a... More
Affordable Care Act - The “Skinny” on Limited Benefit Plans: A Good Option for Controlling the Cost of Compliance?
July 9, 2013
- An overview of "Skinny Plans" as a low cost option for ACA compliance
- Are they legal? Probably, but some uncertainty
- Four Skinny Plan providers identified
June 19, 2013
- Missed our International Legislative Review webinar or want to see it again.
- Updates for Italy, the UK and Ukraine.
- View in association with our monthly legislative and regulatory updates
June 14, 2013
- As a result of the Affordable Care Act, buyers to increase use of SOWs, outsourced workers, full-time employees, offshore workers and agency temps, and to decrease use of independent contractors.
- Confusion still prevalent
May 24, 2013
- Healthcare reform overview for staffing firms
- Penalties, subsidies, minimizing costs
- What's an ongoing vs. variable employee?
May 15, 2013
- Improper per diem payments cost staffing firm $1.9 Million
- OSHA sets sights on temporary workers
- Staffing firm cannot use automatic termination or assignment end to avoid costs dependent on return to work
- Bankruptcy court allows priority payment of temporary employees’ wages
April 23, 2013
- Our latest Excel tool of US Statutory Expenses available for download
- Access average workers' compensation rates by occupation and state
- Average SUTA rates available by state
April 5, 2013
- Revised guidance causing difficulties for staffing firms
- Change in rules aimed at "disparate impact" on some groups
- New, more complicated rules, make it harder to be compliant