November 13, 2013
- A brief overview of how the look-back method is used to determine the full-time status of your employees
- Variable hour or seasonal employees' hours are tracked over a measuerment period, followed by an administrative and stability period
- Break-in-service rules determine whether returning employees... More
October 23, 2013
- Exclusive insights on the French market from the leading VMS provider.
- Overview of business practices and legal limitations.
- Webinar replay on demand (approx. 1 hour).
October 17, 2013
- We asked staffing firms the open-ended question: “Of the current legislative and/or regulatory issues affecting your business, which most concern you, and why?”
- The vast majority of the 343 responses we received (80%) concern the Affordable Healthcare Act.
- Immigration reform and background... More
October 9, 2013
- A brief overview of ways in which a staffing firm may not be subject to the ACA employer mandate
- Firms are exempt as a whole if they are below the 50 full-time and full-time-equivalent employee threshold
- In addition, a firm may be effectively exempt if all of their employees are part-time, seasonal... More
September 11, 2013
- A brief overview of what defines fully ACA-compliant major medical insurance
- Large employers must offer at least 95% of employees and their dependents coverage that is "adequate" and "affordable"
- Three independent brokers / benefit consultants that work with staffing companies... More
August 29, 2013
- Sample contract for agency personnel services provided
- Addresses contractual issues with overtime rates, conversion fees and SLAs
August 16, 2013
- Affordable Care Act’s employer mandate delayed one year
- US Supreme Court overturns Defense of Marriage Act
- Suit alleges law firm and staffing agency failed to pay overtime to temps
- National Labor Relations Board orders temp staffing agency election
- Court tosses Title VII disparate impact... More
August 6, 2013
- An overview of the two penalties under the ACA's "employer shared responsibility" provision
- To avoid both penalties, large employers must offer 95%of workers coverage that is "affordable" and "adequate"
- Most companies are likely to either offer major medical as a... More
Affordable Care Act - The “Skinny” on Limited Benefit Plans: A Good Option for Controlling the Cost of Compliance?
July 9, 2013
- An overview of "Skinny Plans" as a low cost option for ACA compliance
- Are they legal? Probably, but some uncertainty
- Four Skinny Plan providers identified
June 19, 2013
- Missed our International Legislative Review webinar or want to see it again.
- Updates for Italy, the UK and Ukraine.
- View in association with our monthly legislative and regulatory updates