April 22, 2011
- Florida Court Certifies Drivers’ Misclassification Class Action
- National Labor Relations Board Draws New Site Access Standard for On-site Contractor Employees
- Clubs Settle Dancers’ Misclassification Lawsuit
- News Organization and Staffing Company Hit with Overtime Class Action
March 23, 2011
- Bill Targets Misclassification for Workers' Compensation Purposes
- Utah Legislation Creates Multi-Agency Council Targeting Misclassification
- Alabama Court Rules Dealership Driver Is Independent Contractor
- California Court Certifies IT Temps' Class Action Seeking Overtime
- U.S. Supreme Court Finds... More
February 11, 2011
- Oregon Bills To Protect Contingent Workers/Independent Contractors, Prohibit Conversion Fees
- Connecticut Introduces Legislation to Clarify Independent Contractor Classificatio
- Wisconsin Court Rules Delivery Drivers Are Employees For Unemployment Compensation Purposes
February 4, 2011
- Court Rules FedEx Drivers Not Employees in Multistate Litigation
- Texas Court Reject Technicians' Bid for Certification, Benefits Claim in Misclassification Collective Action
- Florida Court Rejects Certification of Misclassification Collective Action
- California Court Finds Payroll Company Not... More
October 30, 2010
Many businesses (including suppliers and end-users of contingent labor) conduct background checks -- including criminal record checks -- on applicants and current employees when making hiring, promotion or retention decisions. Along with ensuring job qualifications, the use of background checks can help... More
October 21, 2010
Every five years, the U.S. Census Bureau releases its estimate of the size of the temporary staffing market. Estimates for 2007 were released this year, and for the first time contained information by product line (occupation). After cross-referencing this information with data from the U.S. Bureau of... More
October 20, 2010
Recently, a California class action was filed under California's wage payment law for the failure of a staffing firm to pay temporary employees for time spent interviewing with clients. The suit was brought in a state court by a group of current and former temporary employees of temporary staffing firms,... More
October 20, 2010
In this issue of the Legs & Reg Advisor
- New Pennsylvania law targets misclassification in construction industry
- Senator brings back bill to force flexibility
- Court: Cable company not joint employer in overtime case
- Court sets bar low for ‘employee’ status in negligence case
October 12, 2010
The following replay includes reports on: U.S. employment trends Staffing revenue growth by sector and segment Survey data revealing what profitable firms do differently.
Watch the full webinar on demand.
Analysis of temp employment trends.
What gives profitable staffing firms the edge.
October 5, 2010
Canadian government's spending on temps up 178% over 10 years
Temps constitute 'additional workforce within the public service'