Select from the topics below to refine your search
June 4, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America.
- Browse news by category and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends, and employment data.
May 29, 2014
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- How HR and procurement professionals can successfully work together to build tomorrow's contingent workforce
- Duration approximately 1 hour
May 28, 2014
- Awareness of online staffing is growing rapidly
- Actual use of online staffing remains very low
- Interest in future use of online staffing spiked in 2014
May 28, 2014
- Online Services platforms belong to a unique category in the SIA Human Cloud Platform taxonomy, alongside (and sometimes overlapping with) Online Staffing and Crowdsourcing platforms
- In Online Services, businesses (wherever they are) purchase a specific service offered by the platform; the platform... More
May 25, 2014
- Total Mexican staffing market estimate of $3.8 billion (formal market: $1.4 billion)
- ManpowerGroup is largest staffing firm in Mexico, with 38% of formal market
- We estimate formal Mexican staffing market grew 3% in 2013
May 23, 2014
- Buyers continue to remain bullish with respect to near‐term hiring plans
- Buyers were most bullish about the long-term prospects for high-skilled workers, SOWs, offshore workers, and outsourced company functions
- The average reported contingent share of workforce is expected to grow from 18%... More
May 20, 2014
- Seventy-six percent of public staffing firms reported positive y/y revenue growth in 1Q14, down from 82% in 4Q13.
- Median revenue grew by 6.5% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
- Eighty-one percent of public staffing firms reported positive net income in 1Q14.
May 20, 2014
- Mixed Q1 results reported by publicly held companies.
- Adecco reported double-digit U.S. outplacement revenue growth, partly driven by the financial and pharmaceutical industries.
- Three percent decline projected for U.S. outplacement market in 2014.
May 16, 2014
- SIA projects growth in the U.S. retained search market of 12% in 2014 to $6.0 billion
- Oddly, financial services industry noted as a driver of demand in both the retained search and outplacement markets
May 14, 2014
- Variable and unpredictable workloads, lower risk with "try before you buy", and rapid business growth encourage use of contingent labor
- Learning curve and loyalty factors discourage use of contingent labor
- Buyers of professional labor are more concerned with finding quality workers,... More