Daily NewsView All News
Beyond traditional accounting skills, general business knowledge is the skill most valued by CFOs, according to a survey by Accountemps, a division of Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE: RHI). Information technology expertise ranked second.
CFOs were asked, “When hiring finance and accounting professionals, which one of the following attributes or areas of expertise is most valued, in addition to traditional accounting knowledge?” Responses include:
- General business knowledge: 33 percent
- Information technology: 25 percent
- Communication skills: 14 percent
- Leadership abilities: 13 percent
- Customer service orientation: 13 percent
- Don't know/no answer: 1 percent
The survey was conducted by an independent research firm and is based on more than 2,100 telephone interviews with CFOs from a random sample of U.S. companies with 20 or more employees in more than 20 of the largest U.S. markets.