Daily NewsView All News
New York counts the most user experience (UX)-related job postings but San Jose, Calif., pays the highest salaries, according to the Onward Search UX Jobs Salary Guide produced by Onward Search, a staffing agency serving the digital marketing and creative talent sectors. UX/UI (user interface) developer is the most in-demand UX profession.
The top locales for UX-related jobs, based on the number of jobs postings on SimplyHired.com over the past year, as reported by Onward Search, include:
- New York
- San Francisco
- San Jose, Calif.
- Austin, Texas
- Washington, D.C.
The most in-demand UX professions, based on the number of job orders Onward Search has received over the past year, include:
- UX/UI developer: 38 percent
- UX/UI designer: 33 percent
- Information architect: 9 percent
- Other: 8 percent
- Visual designer: 7 percent
- UX researcher: 3 percent
- UX mobile developer: 2 percent
Salary ranges for UX/UI designers by city include:
- San Jose, Calif.: $97,000-$137,000
- San Francisco: $93,000-$132,000
- New York: $92,000-$131,000
- Boston: $87,000-$122,000
- Washington, D.C.: $83,000-$118,000