Daily NewsView All News
Sales pros have a generally positive employment outlook, with 42 percent confident that they could find a new job if needed and 58 percent agreeing they would relocate for the right opportunity, according to Monster’s Workforce Talent survey. Total sales and related jobs increased 60 percent from three years ago and 8 percent on an annual basis.
“With retail sales currently ranking as one of the most in demand jobs in the country, sales professionals have reason to feel optimistic about their job prospects,” said Jeffrey Quinn, vice president of Monster’s Global Insights.
Top Industries hiring sales workers:
- Department stores (except discount department stores)
- Commercial banking
- Home centers
- Insurance agencies and brokerages
- General line grocery merchant wholesalers
Top sales occupations:
- Retail salespersons
- First-line supervisors of retail sales workers
- Sales representatives, wholesale and manufacturing, except technical and scientific products
- Insurance sales agents
- Sales representatives, services, all other
The Monster online survey included nearly 6,000 Monster.com users and took place from Jan. 14 to Feb. 18.