Daily NewsView All News
Computer engineering ranked as the highest-paid college major in 2012 with grads receiving an average starting salary of $70,400 in the U.S., according to the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Engineering majors dominated the list, and represent six out of the 10 highest-paid bachelor’s level degrees.
“This is not surprising since the supply of these graduates is low, but the demand for them is so high,” said NACE Executive Director Marilyn Mackes.
Here’s the top list:
- Computer Engineering, $70,400
- Chemical Engineering, $66,400
- Computer Science, $64,400
- Aerospace/Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering, $64,000
- Mechanical Engineering, $62,900
- Electrical/Electronics and Communications Engineering, $62,300
- Civil Engineering, $57,600
- Finance, $57,300
- Construction Science/Management, $56,600
- Information Sciences and Systems, $56,100
The list is based on information compiled by NACE.