Daily News

Daily News-Staffing Industry Analysts RSS Feed Get the RSS Feed

Fee revenue falls 3.4% at Korn/Ferry

December 10, 2008

Executive search firm Korn/Ferry International Inc. (NYSE: KFY) said fee revenue fell 3.4% year-over-year in its fiscal second quarter ended Oct. 31 to $189.3 million. Fee revenue declined across all geographic areas, including a 3.3% decrease in North America to $91.7 million. However, the Los A...


Office openings - Westaff, VACO Raleigh

December 10, 2008

Westaff Inc. (NASD: WSTF) opened a new office in Danville IL. Danville's growth and expansion makes it the right time for us to bring our strategic staffing solutions to the area," CEO and Chairman Michael Willis said. Westaff is a Walnut Creek CA-based commercial staffing firm. VACO Raleigh, a R...


Total compensation averages $28.87

December 10, 2008

Total compensation costs for U.S. civilian workers averaged $28.87 per hour worked in September 2008, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. Wages and salaries averaged $20.13 for 69.7% of the costs. Benefits averaged $8.74, for the remaining 30.3%. Of the benefits, insurance benefit...


Ontario announces legislation for temps

December 10, 2008

Legislation introduced in Ontario on Tuesday aims to give temporary workers more rights. The government of Ontario announced the proposed rules Tuesday as part of its anti-poverty initiative. The proposed rules would prevent temporary agencies from charging a conversion fee to clients hiring work...


Research from Staffing Industry Analysts

December 9, 2008

Here is the latest research from Staffing Industry Analysts. INSIGHT - Finance and accounting staffing growth update *Economy drags down demand for F&A staffing*Demand especially weak in financial services industry*Long-term contracts help some firms survive this economic cycle For the full Insig...


Institute - Economic weakness to continue in '09

December 9, 2008

U.S. manufacturing revenue will slip in 2009, while service-sector revenue will tick up, according to the Institute for Supply Management's semiannual economic forecast released today. In the manufacturing sector, the report estimates a 1.1% decline in revenue in 2009 compared with 2008, accordin...


Jackson names director of business development

December 9, 2008

Jackson Healthcare, an Alpharetta GA-based healthcare staffing firm, named Paul Foster as managing director of business development, responsible for mergers and acquisitions, strategic relationships and new business ventures. Foster comes to Jackson Healthcare after serving as president of O'Grad...


NYSE to delist Medical Staffing Network

December 9, 2008

Medical Staffing Network Holdings Inc. (NYSE: MRN), the largest provider of per diem nursing in the U.S., said today the New York Stock Exchange will suspend its trading effective Dec. 15. The suspension comes, the company said, because its market capitalization was less than $25 million over a 3...


Manpower poll - Firms cautious with hiring

December 9, 2008

U.S. companies plan to be cautious when it comes to hiring in the first quarter, according to the Employment Outlook Survey by Manpower Inc. (NYSE: MAN). For the first quarter, 16% of companies said they plan to add staff while 13% plan to cut for a net employment outlook of 3% (not seasonally ad...


Job openings, hires and separations drop

December 9, 2008

The number of U.S. job openings dropped by approximately 992,000 year over year in October to almost 3.1 million, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. There were more than 4.0 million job openings in October 2007. The job openings rate was 2.2% in October compared with 2.8% in the...