Tyler Womack joined Staffing Industry Analysts in 2013. He holds a B.A. in economics from Wheaton College.
June 25, 2014
- In 2013, the median compensation for contingent workforce managers was $135,000
- Median compensation increased by 12.5% since we last asked in 2011
- General managers/operations managers were on average more highly compensated than HR or procurement managers
June 20, 2014
- The top suggestion is to stay connected, particularly through a Linkedin or Facebook group
- Several buyers suggested using social media to ensure that former employees are aware of current job openings
- Buyers also suggested treating employees with honesty and professionalism, particularly when... More
June 19, 2014
- Skills associated with managing and modifying company‐wide enterprise software were reported as the most difficult to recruit
- Within engineering, the most difficult to recruit skills were specialized, niche skills, and skills related to petroleum engineering
- Among buyers of industrial/logistics,... More
June 19, 2014
- Overwhelmingly, buyers report 'worker quality' to be their top consideration when selecting a staffing firm
- Service quality, low cost, and speed were the next most important considerations
- A referral from a colleague is the most common way of initially discovering staffing firms, followed... More
June 19, 2014
- This expert interview was recorded at SIA's 2013 Healthcare Staffing Summit in Chicago
- Topics include: the effect of medicare cuts in the nursing home setting, booming demand in home healthcare, growing demand in the school setting, best practices for recruiting candidates, and other insights... More
June 12, 2014
- The most common “best decision” among buyers, by a large margin, was adopting VMS or MSP.
- Contingent workforce organization and control was a recurring theme in the “best decision” responses.
- The most common "worst decision" was “allowing local branches/managers to exercise... More
June 10, 2014
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- 2014 Survey of Contingent Workforce Buyers
- Approximately 1 hour
May 28, 2014
- Awareness of online staffing is growing rapidly
- Actual use of online staffing remains very low
- Interest in future use of online staffing spiked in 2014
May 23, 2014
- Buyers continue to remain bullish with respect to near‐term hiring plans
- Buyers were most bullish about the long-term prospects for high-skilled workers, SOWs, offshore workers, and outsourced company functions
- The average reported contingent share of workforce is expected to grow from 18%... More
May 20, 2014
- Seventy-six percent of public staffing firms reported positive y/y revenue growth in 1Q14, down from 82% in 4Q13.
- Median revenue grew by 6.5% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
- Eighty-one percent of public staffing firms reported positive net income in 1Q14.