After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
July 28, 2011
- How do buyers find suppliers
- The average revenue for a staffing firm
- The number of mentor staffing firms on the 2011 Mentor/Protégé List
June 22, 2011
- Percent of large buyers using a vendor for independent contractor compliance currently and over the next two years: 75%
- On the rebound: Clinical scientific temp revenue to grow
- Largest engineering temp staffing markets
May 25, 2011
- Ratio of recruiters outside the staffing industry to recruiters inside the staffing industry is 1.6:1
- Median compensation for branch managers in IT temporary staffing is $125,000
- When calculating wages, 65 percent of staffing firms use wages paid for similar temp jobs in the past
May 3, 2011
- Number of office/clerical temps in the U.S.?
- How do temps find a recruiter?
- What percentage of large buyers are using a vendor management system?
December 21, 2010
- Big players report revenue down about 30%
- Strengthening economy produces sector weakness
- Outplacement to continue to decline in 2011 and 2012
December 21, 2010
- Seventh annual contingent buyers survey
- Full questions and summary answers
- Latest buyer plans, spend, strategies
- More detailed reports on this data to follow
March 31, 2011
- What Are Staffing Firms’ Top Markets?
- What Percentage of Buyers Are Expanding Use of WMBE Suppliers?
- There’s an Employment Boom in this Segment.
March 16, 2011
- What kinds of medical insurance do staffing firms offer temps?
- What occupations are most highly penetrated by temps?
- What is the percent of buyers willing to try a new staffing supplier?
March 14, 2011
- The trend in U.S. private sector job openings vs. layoffs looking increasingly positive.
- 41 percent of staffing firms say their temp pay rates are "mostly dictated by staffing buyers."
- 72 percent of temps have returned to the same agency for another assignment.
February 3, 2011
- WMBE certification an advantage with half of contingent buyers
- Large buyer companies especially interested
Least interested in WMBE: buyers in manufacturing/logistics