After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:How can staffing firms improve the popular image of the staffing industry and of temporary work?
July 7, 2015
- 2,000 temps offer ideas on promoting industry
- Temps say advertise temp--to-perm success, stats
- Take a bigger role in temp careers, offer training, advice
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:By what communication methods do temporary workers prefer to hear about new job opportunities?
July 1, 2015
- Temps prefer to hear about jobs by email and phone
- Texting jobs relatively unpopular even with young people
- Only 1% want to hear about jobs via social media
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:To what degree did your staffing agency coach you regarding the interviewing process and hiring company culture?
June 30, 2015
- About half of temporary workers say more should be done to prep temps
- Coaching/preparation key to temp satisfaction
- Most in need of improvement: communication about assignment details
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:What criteria are most important to temporary workers in choosing their staffing agency?
June 19, 2015
- Temps asked top staffing firm selection criteria
- Pay, assignment availability top the list
- But trustworthiness also ranks high
June 17, 2015
- 29% of temps cited at least one service they would buy
- Practical, effective job-enhancing help a priority
- Training/education most common response
2015 Temporary Worker Survey: Are temporary workers turning to online staffing services for employment?
June 3, 2015
- Majority of traditional temps not aware of online staffing
- But among those familiar, 38% are using it
- Higher paid/older temps more likely to be familiar with it
June 1, 2015
- Only 16% of temporary workers want to be called temps
- Preferred job designation varies by wage
- Term most widely accepted: "contractor"
May 26, 2015
- Thirty-eight percent of temps say they have signed up
- Higher than temps projected previously
- Heaviest users: lowest-paid, youngest and oldest
April 18, 2015
- Staffing firm plans for Affordable Care Act
- Most effective marketing & sales tactics for staffing firms
- Metrics: time-to-fill, order fill rates, quit rates, early termination rates
- Medical and non-medical benefits offered to temps
- 403 page report summarizes 7 years of surveys
January 13, 2015
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- New interactive occupational evaluator tool
- Approximately 1 hour