Craig Johnson is Managing Editor of Staffing Industry Review and Staffing Industry Analysts Daily News. Johnson joined Staffing Industry Analysts in 2006. He has more than 17 years of experience as a journalist.
July 9, 2012
- List of fastest-growing U.S. staffing firms.
- The top 10 fastest-growing U.S. staffing firms had a median compound annual growth rate of 48.9 percent.
- IT dominates list.
- 72 firms on this year's list
July 6, 2012
- Presentation by Littler attorney George Reardon
- Overview of healthcare reform with respect to staffing
- Suggested avenues of mitigating cost
July 2, 2012
Surprisingly few workers find staffing firms through social networking.
June 27, 2012
A food manufacturer has cited and faces more than $700,000 in fines over the death of a contractor in December.
June 26, 2012
- Connecticut legalizes medicinal marijuana
- Tennessee enacts “Tennessee Professional Employer Organization Act”
- New York drywall installer misclassification suit goes to trial
- Louisiana passes independent contractor law
- California bill would impose onerous reporting requirements on staffing... More
June 20, 2012
A contingent worker at a Goodyear rubber plant in Beaumont, Texas, filed a discrimination suit against the company after finding a racist figurine inside his locker.
June 12, 2012
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Staffing trends update
- Temporary worker survey - what's the score?
June 13, 2012
A report released last week is critical of outsourcing — and the use of staffing firms in such circumstances — and took aim at Walmart in particular. The report calls for several steps to get tougher on outsourcing by companies. Walmart has already blasted the report.
May 30, 2012
- Staffing firm settles Illinois vacation pay suit
- Temp agency settles overtime claims
- Wisconsin court: Independent contractor cannot sue under Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Maine enacts law defining ‘independent contractor’
May 23, 2012
A look at the second-largest staffing market in the world: Japan.