As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
September 12, 2012
As we prepare for the eighth-annual Contingent Workforce Strategies Summit next week, Bryan Peña ponders what it will take to manage future evolution in contingent workforce management.
August 29, 2012
In his previous article, Bryan Peña supported allowing some form of contact with hiring managers. Now, he blasts staffing suppliers that deliberately set out to evade managed service program rules to do so.
August 17, 2012
- Pros and cons of using internal recruiters vs. staffing agencies
- Examples of companies using internal recruiters
- How internal recruiting can fit in both simple and complex CW programs
August 15, 2012
While it once made sense to prohibit staffing suppliers from contact with hiring managers, buyers should rethink that policy, argues former procurement professional Bryan Peña.
August 8, 2012
In his last article, Bryan Peña advised contingent workforce managers to give uncooperative suppliers the boot. This week, he clarifies that cooperation goes both ways.
July 25, 2012
Your suppliers should be helping you make your program succeed. What do you do if they don't support your efforts, though?
July 19, 2012
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Who should own the contingent workforce - Procurement or HR?
- Approximately 1 hr
July 2, 2012
- $100 billion in global VMS/MSP spend accounted for in this study
- VMS and MSP markets continue to surge, but the rising tide is not lifting all boats
- MSP's gaining traction in statement-of-work services
June 20, 2012
Every contingent workforce program needs to have a strong foundation on which to grow. Whether a company has an externally managed program supported by a third-party MSP (managed service provider) or an internally, company-staffed program, there are fundamental practices a program should establish.
June 20, 2012
- 15 best practices for new contingent workforce programs
- Learn how to establish a strong program brand and create meaningful policies
- Supplier contracts and identifying rogue behavior also discussed