As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
February 6, 2013
As companies evolve and contingent workforce management matures, the fundamental nature of the contingent workforce is changing as well — not just in terms of the workforce itself, which is becoming ever more diverse, but the ways in which the workforce is managed.
January 28, 2013
- Template for negotiating contract with MSP
- Fees, contract term, invoicing and other items addressed in this template
January 27, 2013
- Several companies state their reason for holding MSP accountable for total cycle time
- Answers provided for various struggles with regulation in India
- Outline of various factors that affect cost of ongoing VMS support
- Many other topics discussed
January 16, 2013
The Procurement Guy shares trends he expects to see this year in terms of contingent workforce usage and management.
December 28, 2012
- Report discusses how to incorporate SOW spend into a CW program
- Lessons learned provided from those in the trenches
December 5, 2012
As we come to the close of yet another year, it’s entirely appropriate to reflect on the year that was. 2012 saw great change in the marketplace, not just from the standpoint of consolidation in the industry but also in the continuing sophistication of the buyers.
November 14, 2012
Many contingent workforce managers struggle with articulating risk and the related potential costs — the backbone of a business case — to stakeholders and the C-suite. Here are five areas that, once addressed, can win you that crucial buy-in.
November 7, 2012
Contingent workforce managers often leave such issues as liability, indemnification and insurance to attorneys, but the CW managers often craft commercial terms of the contracts themselves.
October 31, 2012
Often, contingent workforce managers are required to draft their own contracts, or find themselves using that of their supplier. Here, in Part 1, we share three contract clauses that should not be overlooked.
September 26, 2012
- Leading VMS providers and MSPs evaluated along more than 200 features
- Evaluation categories include supplier management, sourcing, contract management, requisitions, reports, workflow, implementation, invoicing and others
- See which providers are more equipped for SOW-related requirements