As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
May 14, 2014
Successful contingent workforce programs are built like sales initiatives: The most successful programs are centered on the end-user.
March 5, 2014
Building a program's scorecard can be a frustrating exercise, but it’s a critical process to undergo. Tracking the right metrics can help you determine how you and your suppliers are performing — and more important, spot troubled areas before they become serious problems.
February 5, 2014
As the industry reaches the tail end of the adoption curve on MSPs, the CW management model is evolving in striking ways.
February 4, 2014
- Excel-based tool for calculating effect of overtime multiplier
- Tool contains scenarios for time-and-a-half and doubletime
December 2, 2008
- Tool for scoring managed service providers across numerous criteria
- Criteria include strategic and competitive differentiation, program management, supplier management, quality, pricing, and more
December 1, 2008
- Tool for scoring VMS providers across numerous criteria
- Criteria include recruiting and requisition process, financial and reporting process, pricing, training and implementation, and more
December 22, 2009
- Financial model to screen and monitor vendors
- Multiple financial ratios translated into a single "z-score"
December 29, 2013
- Various strategies outlined for sharing savings with MSPs and staffing suppliers
- Learn which strategies have been proven most successful
December 12, 2013
- Sample contract clauses include termination assistance, no-suspension, key personnel, and more
- Information on how to handle ownership rights to data
December 12, 2013
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Hear about the providers who have the greatest spend under management by region and specialty
- Duration approximately 1 hour