As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
January 28, 2015
Now that Jan. 1 has come and gone, the employer mandate portion of the Affordable Care Act is in partial effect. Are you paying more for your contingent workers now?
January 23, 2015
- Each year, Staffing Industry Analysts conducts a comprehensive assessment of Vendor Management Systems (VMS) and Managed Service Program (MSP) providers.
- The detailed reports provide insight to buyers about the latest features and functionality, service offerings, breadth of experience and... More
December 23, 2014
Is your program stuck in the mud? Look inward and outward to get it to the next level.
December 3, 2014
Having stakeholder support for your program is critical, but often managers rely too heavily on senior executives to force compliance. Support by choice brings greater success.
November 19, 2014
If contingent workforce management is to become and stay relevant to organizations, professionals in the space must become strategic.
November 5, 2014
Suppliers should be willing to indemnify you in circumstances where their mistakes prove costly to you, but too often, buyers expect far more than that.
October 22, 2014
In order to get a seat at the table, contingent workforce managers need to ensure their role is a strategic one, not just tactical. Here are some steps to take.
September 18, 2014
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Benchmarking information that delivers real program value and improvement
- Duration approximately 1 hour
September 24, 2014
Whether you call it a scorecard or dashboard or a quarterly or monthly business review, how you monitor, measure and maintain your program is going to be based on data. But what data is the key consideration, as most buyers get it wrong.
August 29, 2014
- Global VMS and MSP spend in our study rose 23% and 19%, respectively
- Market estimates for North America and Europe contained in this report
- Trend in US clients using an external MSP starting to plateau