Andrew Braswell is a Research Analyst at Staffing Industry Analysts, covering the IT segment of temporary staffing, along with merger and acquisition activity in the sector and issues related to the Affordable Care Act. Prior to joining SIA in May 2013, he spent more than eight years in equity investment research, most recently as Director of Research for a boutique investment banking and advisory firm. Andrew has been a featured speaker for numerous conferences, presentations and media interviews, including CNBC’s Squawk Box. Earning his BBA from the University of Miami in 2002, Andrew majored in entrepreneurship and minored in English.
November 12, 2014
The strong order volumes reported by both AMN Healthcare (NYSE: AHS) and Cross Country Healthcare (NASD: CCRN) exiting the second quarter were borne out by very solid third-quarter earnings reports and boosted forward guidance.
October 7, 2014
Two recently published reports offer a look at growth metrics — both recent and projected—within the US healthcare staffing industry.
October 2, 2014
- Allied health revenue and volume down from 1H13 to 1H14
- Respiratory and speech up, OT and PT down
- Robust growth in nurse practitioner staffing
September 17, 2014
Largest healthcare staffing firms lineup may change next year; healthcare staffing firms a presence on fastest-growing staffing firms list.
August 5, 2014
- Overview of the ACA regulations as they impact contingent workforce programs
- Calculations for Applicable Large Employers, variable hour and seasonal employees
- Penalties - How are they triggered and assessed?
July 16, 2014
Some healthcare jobs appear more at risk of being taken over by automation than others, according to new report.
July 1, 2014
- U.S. Staffing Industry Stock Index declined 0.3% in 1H14
- Five stocks advanced, 12 declined
- Underperformed S&P 500 (up 6.1%) and Russell 2000 (up 2.5%)
June 10, 2014
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- 2014 Survey of Contingent Workforce Buyers
- Approximately 1 hour
June 3, 2014
- What they should be doing now to prepare for the ACA
- How look-back periods work and the importance of accurately tracking them
- How to determining the ACA’s impact on their profit margin
- Best practices for managing the legislation
May 14, 2014
“What comes up, must come down.” The two large, pure-play publicly traded healthcare staffing companies were reminded of this when their Q1 earnings failed to excite investors.