John Nurthen manages the team that delivers Staffing Industry Analysts' international research content. He has over 25 years' experience in the staffing industry, having previously worked in senior managerial roles for three of the world's largest staffing companies: Select Appointments, Vedior and Randstad. He played an active role in major equity offerings and mergers.
Nurthen was a founder of the International Review of Employment, published in four languages, and DOVA, one of the largest global databases of online vacancies. He played a leading role in the development of common data standards with the creation of HR-XML SIDES.
He has held responsibility for internal and external communications, e-Business, technology matters, marketing, research, procurement and corporate social responsibility. Nurthen's experience makes him an authority on global recruitment and contingent workforce issues.
March 30, 2015
- Our report lists the largest 25 Job Boards by 2014 annual revenue.
- The very largest Job Boards have an international presence and enjoy market leading positions in a number of countries
- The largest Job Board provider globally is Recruit, a Japanese HR company that also operates a number of important... More
February 27, 2015
- ATS market likely oversupplied
- Pricing models, typical requirements, functionality and more discussed in this report
- Directory of more than 120 ATS providers highlighted
January 23, 2015
- Each year, Staffing Industry Analysts conducts a comprehensive assessment of Vendor Management Systems (VMS) and Managed Service Program (MSP) providers.
- The detailed reports provide insight to buyers about the latest features and functionality, service offerings, breadth of experience and... More
January 22, 2015
- Exclusive insights from the SIA team
- Watch the playback on demand, approx 1 hour
- Download a copy of the presentation as a pdf
November 27, 2014
- A unique ecosystem supporting online enabled work arrangements has been developing in China; both the platforms and the people who work through them are called ‘Witkey’. While in many ways similar to online work platforms outside of China, there are subtle differences.
- The purpose of this... More
September 26, 2014
Executive Forum Arrives in London.
September 26, 2014
Staffing agencies in need of better powers of persuasion.
September 18, 2014
Join us for a free preview of the Executive Forum Europe
July 16, 2014
- This Insight Report provides an introduction to the category of Human Cloud platforms which SIA defines as Crowdsourcing.
- The SIA definition of Crowdsourcing platforms is clarified, the scope and dimensions of the space estimated, and the foregoing is substantiated by citing many representative... More
July 8, 2014
- 63% percent of US temporary agency jobs at high risk of computerization
- F&A, industrial, and office/clerical are highest-risk staffing segments
- Strategies for staffing firms include pivoting toward low-risk jobs and human-machine hybrid models