Craig Johnson is Managing Editor of Staffing Industry Review and Staffing Industry Analysts Daily News. Johnson joined Staffing Industry Analysts in 2006. He has more than 17 years of experience as a journalist.
October 26, 2011
Penalties under the federal healthcare reform could increase costs for staffing firms and raise prices for contingent workers starting in 2014.
October 17, 2011
- Staffing firm settles interview time suit for nearly $3 million
- California court: Misclassification action can’t be decided in arbitration
- IRS introduces settlement program for misclassified workers
- California enacts independent contractor misclassification law
September 27, 2011
In this set of lists, we feature 100 of the most noteworthy people in the staffing industry — from movers and shakers to industry veterans. Thought leaders, women in staffing and CEOs are also listed.
September 27, 2011
Quality business reviews of staffing suppliers are common; carrots are more popular than sticks
September 23, 2011
- Staffing co. settles California wage class action for $450,000
- Employer of independent contractor liable for injury, not third party
- PEO owes California Insurance Fund $50 million for fraud
- New Jersey court rules misclassified workers ineligible for benefits
- Florida company cannot transfer... More
September 13, 2011
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Analysis of temporary employment trends
- Latest staffing industry forecast detailed, discussed
August 25, 2011
- Total compensation for the two highest‐paid staffing executives rose by a median 24.9 percent in 2010 at a group of 30 publicly held staffing firms tracked.
- Median total compensation for the two highest-paid executives at the 30 firms tracked was $1.02 million.
August 24, 2011
- Temporary Workers File Overtime Suit
- Teleworkers’ Claims Dismissed From Class Action
- Newspaper Carriers’ Misclassification Lawsuit Certified as Class Action
- California Court Approves Dancers’ Misclassification Settlement
August 10, 2011
Randstad Holding NV, the world’s third-largest staffing firm announced plans last month to buy SFN Group Inc., the world’s 24th-largest staffing firm, a deal that could expand services offered to clients.
July 27, 2011
Online social media opened up a brave new world for recruiters, but don’t forget the traditional methods. Here’s the latest buzz on finding the right workers using a mixture of old and new methods of recruiting.