Craig Johnson is Managing Editor of Staffing Industry Review and Staffing Industry Analysts Daily News. Johnson joined Staffing Industry Analysts in 2006. He has more than 17 years of experience as a journalist.
December 22, 2011
- California court refuses to certify staffing class action
- California temp files action for late wages
- Colorado partners with U.S. Department of Labor to target misclassification
- Ohio PEO bill passes state senate
December 21, 2011
IBM's plan to buy VMS provider Emptoris Inc. is indicative of the changing business workforce models. Companies' growing preference for contingent labor is driving the need for services procurement solutions.
December 14, 2011
Vendor shopping? How do you know what your peers really think of their vendors? Or your staffing providers. This report indentifies the top VMS and MSP providers as ranked by your counterparts as well as staffing providers.
December 6, 2011
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Analysis of temporary employment trends
- U.S.employee benefit model
December 7, 2011
End users of contingent labor continue to rely on temporary workers. Indeed, the number of temporary workers rose by 22,300 in November in the United States for a total of 2.3 million. This data was released last week by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
November 30, 2011
The U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals found that the end user of contingent labor was the employer of a temporary worker in a question regarding nonpayment of overtime to the contingent in a discrimination lawsuit.
November 28, 2011
The number of staffing industry mergers & acquisitions shrank with the recession. Buyers are now back, but whether this is a good time to sell depends on the specific deal.
November 28, 2011
Volatile sector coming back strong.
November 22, 2011
- California dancers bring misclassification action
- Federal bill would update computer employee exemption
- Court: investment manager and resort are joint employers
- New federal bill targets misclassification
- California enacts Wage Theft Prevention Act of 2011
November 16, 2011
There really is a temp for each season. According to a survey of contingent workforce buyers by Staffing Industry Analysts in 2010, 21 percent of contingent usage was due to recurring seasonal needs. Who's hiring this season?