Craig Johnson is Managing Editor of Staffing Industry Review and Staffing Industry Analysts Daily News. Johnson joined Staffing Industry Analysts in 2006. He has more than 17 years of experience as a journalist.
February 29, 2012
The operator of a distribution center owned by the Hershey Co. in Palmyra, Pa., and its staffing provider were issued $288,000 in proposed penalties over workplace safety and health violations, the U.S. Department of Labor reported.
February 14, 2012
- Texas court affirms workers’ compensation exclusivity for Texas staffing customer
- IRS completes study regarding employers’ use of leased employees
- Arizona bill introduces voluntary classification settlement program
- California partners with U.S. Department of Labor to combat misclassification... More
February 8, 2012
A federal judge ruled workers who are suing a California warehouse cannot be fired.
February 1, 2012
Majority of large customers use term limits.
February 1, 2012
Salaries for technology professionals rose 2 percent in 2011 and more are receiving bonuses, according to a salary survey released last week by job board operator Dice Holdings Inc.
January 26, 2012
- California court finds insurance agents independent contractors
- PEO not joint employer for Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) purposes
- Illinois court expands enforceability of noncompetition agreements
- Joint employers meet FMLA ‘worksite’ requirement
January 25, 2012
A California distribution center was cited, along with its staffing provider, for unsafe working conditions that led to a worker’s injury.
January 18, 2012
A staffing firm and its hotel clients have been sued by a group of contingent workers who allege they were regularly not paid for all hours worked or overtime.
January 11, 2012
A spate of acquisitions by large staffing providers point to a growing interest in the Japanese market — and Asia-Pacific as a whole.
December 27, 2011
The Epitec Group takes its commitment to customers seriously. What the Southfield, Mich.-based information technology staffing firm does to keep clients happy.