Craig Johnson is Managing Editor of Staffing Industry Review and Staffing Industry Analysts Daily News. Johnson joined Staffing Industry Analysts in 2006. He has more than 17 years of experience as a journalist.
September 5, 2012
- Massachusetts Law Sets Burdensome Standards for Staffing Companies
- Administrative Review Board of Department of Labor Finds PEO Not Joint Employer for OSHA Retaliation Claim
- Staffing Firm Pays $80,000 to Settle EEOC Discrimination Case
- Department of Labor Finds Construction Firm Liable for Subcontractor’s... More
September 5, 2012
New guidance put forth by the federal government last week could significantly reduce employer penalties under healthcare reform, which could translate to savings for staffing users if such penalties are substantially reduced.
August 30, 2012
Healthcare reform brings plenty of uncertainties, and financial penalties for employers starting in 2014. But some see opportunity. A look at what lies ahead.
August 29, 2012
Kenexa Corp. struck a deal to be acquired by IBM for $46 per share in a transaction valued at $1.3 billion. Kenexa is a Wayne, Penn.-based talent acquisition and management software and services firm.
August 22, 2012
A federal lawsuit against Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. and staffing firm Qualitech Maintenance Inc. filed by a worker in Texas has been dismissed at the request of the plaintiff, according to court documents.
August 15, 2012
Companies increasingly rely on third-party vendors to conduct background checks on their candidates — traditional as well as contingent. But those firms must comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. One recently agreed to settle allegations that it violated the act.
August 7, 2012
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Staffing trends update
- Key findings from our recruiting/talent acquisition and contingent buyer surveys
August 1, 2012
Five hospitality companies in South Dakota that used an employment agency will pay more than $124,000 in back wages to 293 workers, the U.S. Department of Labor reported. The firms will also pay $79,000 in penalties.
July 28, 2012
Staffing Industry Analysts joins with Towers Watson in a survey sponsored by Monster that aims to help staffing firms manage their sales force. From selecting the right people to approaching customers, the survey reveals ways to enhance sales performance.
July 27, 2012
- Healthcare Co. Settles Recruiter Claims for $12.3 Million
- Third Circuit Introduces New Test for Joint-Employer Status
- Seventh Circuit: Filling Prescription Not Treatment
- California Court Finds Franchisor May Be Liable for Claims Brought by an Employee of its Franchisee