Bryan is the globally recognized expert on all aspects of flexible staffing programs and strategies, including management issues, MSP models, VMS technology, variable and full time labor, service program pricing options, contract and labor law, RFx process and supplier negotiation strategies. As a executive member of the Strategic Solutions Group and at Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA), Bryan has a unique dual role. He is responsible for identifying, developing and implementing cutting-edge research and a strategy agenda for the end users of contingent labor across the Globe. Additionally, he assists CWS Council members in deploying tested strategies for managing their extended workforce programs. The total estimated contingent spend under management for CWS Council members exceeds $100 billion across a number of disparate industries from pharma and finance, to energy and software. Giving Bryan and the SIA team a unique visibility to the largest external labor market sample on the planet. Bryan also guides SIA’s staffing and MSP corporate membership from a buyer perspective as well as crafting the format and content for SIA webinars and conferences. Bryan’s knowledge comes from hands-on experience, having worked for more than a decade in various strategic sourcing leadership roles for Fortune 500 companies, implementing successful cross-unit programs and providing contingent workforce guidance to program managers worldwide. In 2012 Bryan and his team were tasked with developing and deploying an industry standard contingent workforce program management accreditation program. The Certified Contingent Workforce Professional (CCWP) designation is psychometrically defensible accreditation of its kind dedicated entirely to the contingent workforce practitioner. It would not be a stretch to say that he literally “wrote the book” on extended workforce management.
Bryan also is well-known for his regular column, from SIA’s electronic newsletter CWS 3.0. An accomplished and often-requested global keynote speaker, Bryan is often responsible for leading and facilitating conferences, executive briefings and provide strategic advisory services in the procurement/staffing space all over the World. His material is referenced in many industry blogs, reprints, and is included in various well-known business school curriculums.
Prior to joining SIA, Bryan was senior global commodity manager of professional services at Avery Dennison, a $5.3 billion global leader in pressure-sensitive technology and self-adhesive solutions for consumer products and label materials. As part of the company’s global procurement group, Bryan and his team were responsible for the management of all professional services and technology procurement worldwide. He led his team in procurement oversight for global travel, marketing, freight, capital expenses, MRO services, print communications, environmental services, and a host of other indirect verticals. This job helped sharpen Bryan’s international view of temporary labor contracts and consulting agreements. As a result, Bryan has the customer’s perspective and understands the trends in recruiting and human resource software applications. Bryan has supervised several global contingent labor programs of over $100 million in spend and total procurement management spend in excess of $750 million.
Bryan’s previous experience includes a stint at Vivendi Universal Entertainment (now NBC Universal) North America as acting director of strategic sourcing and professional services; while there, he implemented several early adapter VMS/MSP solutions, covering more than $100 million in total contingent labor spend.
A California native, Bryan graduated with a BA in economics from University of California at San Diego and lives with his wife and three children in La Verne, CA.
May 29, 2012
- Template for issuing an RFP for a managed service provider
- Notes added for guidance
- Cut and paste as appropriate for building your own RFP
May 10, 2012
- Pros and cons of vendor-neutral, master supplier, and hybrid models
- Strategies for selecting appropriate model
- A concise and useful reference
April 30, 2012
- Panel discussion of strategies to building a CW program
- See how other companies get stakeholder buy-in and manage their MSP/VMS
- Learn what has worked and what hasn't from experienced CW program managers
April 9, 2012
- Panel discussion on co-employment issues with temporary workers
- Strategies discussed on how to mitigate misclassification risks and manage suppliers
- Should temporary workers be invited to the company picnic?
April 2, 2012
- This report outlines how to establish a governance structure for a multi-national MSP
- Roles, responsibilities, and participants for global governance team explained
- We describe mitigation approaches for various challenges to global governance
March 22, 2012
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Light industrial and MSP/VMS
- Light industrial strategy considerations and secrets to success
- Approximately 1 hr
January 19, 2012
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Hear economic and employment trends, changes and plans in CW management strategies
- Approximately 1 hr
December 27, 2011
Tips to make sure your relationship with customers is successful and long-lasting.
December 23, 2011
- 42 VMS/MSP suppliers evaluated along more than 200 features
- Evaluation categories include supplier management, sourcing, contract management, requisitions, reports, workflow, implementation, invoicing and others
- See which VMS/MSP providers are more equipped for SOW-related requirements
December 14, 2011
- Excel tool provided for quantitative assessment of your program's maturity
- How comprehensive, strategic, governed, measurable, and sustainable is your program?
- Maturity assesed by scoring of 54 elements