Craig Johnson is Senior Managing Editor of Staffing Industry Review and Staffing Industry Analysts Daily News. Johnson joined Staffing Industry Analysts in 2006. He has more than 17 years of experience as a journalist.
April 30, 2012
- New obligations for Massachusetts employers conducting criminal background checks
- Rhode Island bill creates presumption workers are employees
- California employers win on interpretation of duty ‘to provide’ meal periods
- Maryland’s ‘Facebook law’ raises obstacles for employers
- State... More
April 25, 2012
Massachusetts agencies collected nearly $11 million from firms that misclassified workers as independent contractors and other infractions.
April 23, 2012
Center Stage: Home-Grown Leadership
April 23, 2012
You Ask/We Answer: VMS Angst?
April 18, 2012
Contingent workers in California have settled their wage and hour lawsuit against their staffing firm and its client.
April 11, 2012
Spending on contingent labor through staffing firms is rising faster than expected, according to new research from Staffing Industry Analysts. Spending in some staffing segments will soon exceed pre-recession levels.
April 4, 2012
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service issued updated guidance that clarifies staffing firms are eligible to file H-1B petitions even though they place workers at third-party sites.
March 29, 2012
The top staffing firms to work for are listed. Recurring themes like listening to employees, hiring right in the first place and letting workers build their skills have helped boost the bottom line of these companies and made their employees appreciate their workplace.
March 28, 2012
Several large acquisitions were recently announced in the staffing industry. The latest is On Assignment Inc. is buying Apex Systems Inc., one of the largest and fastest-growing suppliers of information technology staffing.
March 27, 2012
- EEOC: Employers may violate ADA by requiring high school diploma
- California court finds staffing firm’s arbitration agreement unenforceable
- California recruiters exempt as commissioned employees
- Louisiana partners with U.S. Department of Labor to combat misclassification
- PEO/related entities... More